cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange VP status

mcgurka
Grafter

Exchange VP status

Does anbody know just how long it actually takes BT to fix the VP bottleneck at an exchange... Im a bit narked that the date keeps getting pushed back...
the exchange code is ESMAI btw. (http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Dundee%20Steeple&exact=314&plugin=vp)
6 REPLIES 6
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Exchange VP status

It really varies.  There is no specific timeframe but usually it's sorted within a month or two.  It depends on how they're getting the backhaul to the exchanges.  Sometimes it could require digging up roads and laying more cable.
They do have a habit of pushing dates back and back (i.e. not giving accurate dates in the first place).
mcgurka
Grafter

it just upsets me a little that the exchange has been like that since october last year Sad
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Here's the URL to get the full history of that exchange - not pretty unless you like red!
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Dundee%20Steeple&exact=314&plugin=vp&etashow=yes&full=...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: mcgurka
it just upsets me a little that the exchange has been like that since october last year Sad

Rubbish! It was OK for one week on 05 Nov 07 and again 10 Dec 07! Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mcgurka
Grafter

Well, they obviously did a half assed job of fixing it then! I was always told to bring it far more capacity than was needed.. apparently BT werent... hohum...
LiamM
Grafter

Interesting that the ETA was brought forward on one update and then put back again.  I'd say that shows they're at least planning something rather than just giving a standard "3 weeks" fix time.