Did you mean: 

Exchange Contention

mcgurka
Grafter

Exchange Contention

Ok, this is the output from your faults checker;
-----------------------------------------------
  Exchange contention status: Red
The local telephone exchange, from where your broadband service is provided is currently experiencing very high levels of contention, with many broadband users. As a result of this, you may experience slower connection speeds during busy periods.
Please note that BT regularly upgrade the capacity of their telephone exchanges. We will monitor the BTs engineering schedules, please check back on a weekly basis for further updates.
--------------------------------------------
Which is fair enough, I know the VP status is red. But technically, I still have a speed fault.. a stuck BRAS profile, how do you go about reporting this to PN, if you get kicked back at the exchange stage.
I sync solidly at 8128k/832k every time, and the router has been restarted every 30 mins for a day or so now.
PN picks me up as a 7000k profile, but BT dont for some reason.
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Exchange Contention

Hi there,
This is one of the things on the "Top 5 things that [censored] James off" list.
Basically you can't but you can talk to me about it, or to raise a generic ticket regarding your problem.
prichardson
Grafter

First, does the Usertools checker reporting anything different?
If so, the exchange is not Red. There is a problem with access to the section were we obtain this data from BT, that is preventing me from updating this (you have just jogged my memopry to call them and moan).
I will have a look a the records and see if it is a genuine stick BRAS and raise a manual ticket if needed.
James
Grafter

Scott,
I've just changed your profile manually at this end.  Will give you a ring in a minute just to let you know why I don't think this is a problem Smiley
mcgurka
Grafter

you lot at PN have a habit of ringin off just as I'm about to answer! But cheers for updating that for me anyway! If you could drop me a PM or something, I would be interested to know why you reckon it wont cause a problem?
<edit> and leaving me blank voicemails! argh!</edit>
<edit2>and which account did you kick perchance, perhaps I should have said which one, since its not my mcgurka account! </edit2>
James
Grafter

Cheesy
It went through to voicemail, ie: your fault and not mine.
Sorry about the blank message, I grabbed the nearest phone I could and may have inadvertedly forgotten to demute the headset.
mcgurka
Grafter

Thats quite alright James, many thanks for calling me back.
Apologies for the going through to voicemail thing! You're right, tis my fault!
James
Grafter

No worries, was good to speak to you.
I've raised your fault with BT and we should hear back shortly.
mcgurka
Grafter

Nice to speak to you too James, nice to finally put a voice to a name! Hopefully BT wont be too long sorting things out, but I trust its in safe hands now!