Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Accepting Orders

samb
Grafter

Exchange Accepting Orders

Hello,
My exchange (Drumchapel) is accepting Fibre orders but I can only find on cabinet in the whole of the area that is Fibre ready (cabinet 8). I am on cabinet 4 and have seen them install the new cabinet over the various months in my area.
I thought they only started accepting orders when at least 10 cabinets where operational?
Regards
Sam
12 REPLIES 12
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Exchange Accepting Orders

It is normal for our suppliers to install 10 cabinets then test then prior to accepting order link, it is however at their discretion to when they do start accepting order. So, they will have either installed and tested 10 cabinets or started taking orders before this point.
samb
Grafter

Hello,
I am a bit obsessive and I can confirm I checked 23 cabinets in the area, and I I could only find 23 and right now only 1 is accepting fibre right now.
So are they no longer following that rule perhaps?
Thanks
Sam
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Sam,
That could be the case but it's not something that we can confirm unfortunately. The roll out of any service service(s) and/or technology is at BT Openreach's discretion.
They could be filling up one cabinet for now and not following their guidelines but I couldn't be sure why they are doing this. We get very little information until our customers cabinet go live.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Sam,
Which availability checker are you using?
It would be very interesting to know if the BT Retail fibre availability site reports more availability in your area than other sites... it would confirm what has been long suspected - the Chinese paper walls between BTOR / BTw / BT Retail are not as thick as they need to be.
Remember that availability and willing to take orders are not the same thing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

samb
Grafter

Hello,
I was checking: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and on the main BT website, both of which say the same thing its a no go.
Thanks
Sam
samb
Grafter

Hello,
Oh things may be progressing seen two guys working inside the cabinet. Didn't see any Openreach logos etc. Just two guys with high vis jackets and a plain white van.
Regards,
Sam
samb
Grafter

Hello,
I had another listen, put my ear up to the vents and could hear some low level noise. So far so good, hoping it won't be much longer.
Regards,
Sam
samb
Grafter

Hello,
Checked the availability checker today and it's now showing me fibre speed estimates with an availability date of 31st May.
-Sam
samb
Grafter

Hello,
Seems my cabinet became available today so put my order in for the upgrade, appointment booked for 30 April. Already e-mailed for something sooner if possible, happy to take any open appointments that may have been cancelled etc.
Thanks
Sam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi samb,
I've just dropped a reply to ticket 84386152 for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've requested 25/04/2014 but it looks like it's been turned down as there would be insufficient time for an engineer to be resourced. Please visit Ticket: 84386152  for further details.
samb
Grafter

Hello Chris,
Thanks for trying Smiley
Regards,
Sam
dick:quote