Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding your limit

ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Exceeding your limit

Hi.
Just had email from Plusnet telling me I'm close to exceeding my monthly 30GB.
Checking my useage I've used 24.06 GB with approx 7 days before my monthly
30GB is restored on 16th of month.
Do Plusnet normally send warning mail so early ??with six GB to use in the next week.
Anyone ?
5 REPLIES 5
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Exceeding your limit

I believe the mail goes out when you hit around 80% of your current usage.  As you're a more heavy peak-time user, the idea is that the likelihood of you using the remaining 6GB is fairly high.
B.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Barry has hit the nail on the head, the warning is sent when you hit 80% of your allowance to give you plenty of notice that you are getting close.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Spider
Grafter

Not sure about early if you have used 24.06Gb over the past 3 weeks. If you continue at the same rate your would have exceeded your limit before then end of the week. The warning emails are sent when you have used 80% of your allowance. This is the Blog entry about it.
Spider
Grafter

Ok, I took too long to type and locate the blog entry Sad
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
I believe the mail goes out when you hit around 80% of your current usage.  As you're a more heavy peak-time user, the idea is that the likelihood of you using the remaining 6GB is fairly high.
B.

Hi Barry and all others who replied.
Yes have been hitting it a bit hard this month but was aware of my current useage and I have used very little over last six days.
Was not aware of the 80% thing tho, so thanks for that info.
Thanks to all again.
Another Barry  Smiley