Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding Broadband Usage Allowance...

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Exceeding Broadband Usage Allowance...

Hi,
Just had a email from PlusNet to say that my daughter’s account has gone over her allocated 10Gb this month.  ( I got it because I pay the bill! -  Grin ).
“We've added a further 5GB of usage for the month to your account, which will add a £5.00 charge to your next subscription charge.”
At the bottom of the email it says:-
“Note: Your extra usage is available up until the end of your billing month. Any unused usage won't be carried over to the following month.”
As her billing period ends on the 11th of the month she is going to be billed £5 for 2 days broadband…
Am I reading this correctly?
(if this issue has been dealt with before - my apologies)
John
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exceeding Broadband Usage Allowance...

[quote=PNnewbie]Am I reading this correctly?
Yep !  Cry
Have a look at - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/res_broadband_faq.shtml#overAllowance
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNnewbie
Rising Star

purleigh - thanks for your input and my apologies for having missed the previous thread relating to this.
Being optimistic I suppose she could have been billed £5 tomorrow - and effectively be paying £5 for 24 hours broadband - instead she's paying £5 for 2 days...ah well.
If I understand correctly going over one's allocation does not mean being cut off - just a speed reduction to 128.  I suspect the grandkids are watching telly on their iPhones or whatever kids do - and bumping up my broadband bill in the process. 
SO, I'll be a right bar steward and put a cap on it....
There - I feel better now !!!
J
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Which is why I have my extra cost set to zero so that I can make the decision as to whether to add £5 or suffer with really lousy speeds for a day or so https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ and if I do add extra i remove it after the billing date
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=PNnewbie]SO, I'll be a right bar steward and put a cap on it....
There - I feel better now !!!
Excellent !  Cheesy
You might as well make the most of your £5 now and do all your Windows updates, download lots of iPlayer programmes, and a try a few Linux live CD images !  Wink
mathewlisett
Grafter

i have a querie on this. it must have been the daughter that went into the account and did the adjustments for the email to appear. now unless she very young ie a kid and didnt understand why she was pressing certain keys, it would sujest that she knew she only had 2 days to use ut, and therefore it would end up very expensive considering its only 2 days
PNnewbie
Rising Star

mathewlisett  -  The account in question is my daughter's account - I'm just the Jolly Jack that set it up and pays the bill !!!
PN have my email address as a contact so it was me that got the mail saying the account was approaching its limit - she knew nothing about it...
She has a 10 Gb monthly usage but I think the grandkids use their iPlayers, download music etc so it gets used a lot.
Sorry if it sounded a bit confusing  Embarrassed
mathewlisett
Grafter

ah right so it was you her dad that made the move to increase to the £5 and some how you didnt think it was only covering for 2 days. i take it was a bit of an after thought lol
PNnewbie
Rising Star

mathewlisett - well it was actually PlusNet that decided on my behalf that they would give my daughter an extra 5Gb - and debit a £5 to my account !!!    I'll make the appropriate changes so it cannot happen again so when her quota runs out her broadband will crawl along at 128Kb or whatever 'till the next month.
I was just a bit annoyed that it was so close to the end of the billing period and that the balance of the £5 (assuming there WAS some left) could not be carried over to the next month.
I was probably making a mountain out of a molehill and I can understand the punter normally losing any balance at the end of the month BUT I would have thought that maybe if this happened so close to the end of the billing period that PN could have carried the balance over.
Anyways water under the bridge now,
Take care,
John