Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every night unusable speeds - why?

Leesander

Every night unusable speeds - why?

Hi,
Every day I have the same problem:
I get 17mbps generally, but at 4-5pm and 11pm- 7am I get 4mbps and terrible ping, so bad that every time I am gaming and the clocks strikes 11 it is unplayable.
This is very frustrating, what can I do to get this sorted, it seems like it is being done on purpose as it happens like clockwork every day.

Not pleased 😞

Many thanks for your help, Lee
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Every night unusable speeds - why?

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection to play? It may be that the channel your connection is using is a bit congested at that time. You can change the wireless channel here. There are loads of apps around that help you check which channel has the least traffic on it.

Have you ever thought about getting fibre? You must be quite close to your local cabinet as you can just about hit the maximum speed offered. 

fibre.JPG

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Leesander

Thank you for a speedy reply.

No I am wired directly to the router and I am perfectly satisfied with the speed when it is working so I don't feel I need to be paying more for faster speeds the rest of the time.
I'm just after the agreed speeds I pay for not to drop out at 11pm every night then I will be happy.

And couldn't the problem still be there anyway if I upgrade to fibre if it is a problem with the amount of bandwidth Plusnet had to offer in the local area?

Thank you again for responses

Leesander

The time is 10:40pm And again I have to stop gaming because the speed has gone down to 4mbps and 100ms ping.... do I have to call you guys up or can you do something about it your end from looking at this forum?

I am on a wired connection with no one else using the internet.

Thanks again, Lee