cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evening slow down with low noise and packet loss

Nick85

Evening slow down with low noise and packet loss

Hi,

For the last 3 days I have encountered extremely slow download speeds from about 8pm onwards, varying from 0.1mbps to 1.5mbps. Normal line speed is around 10, profile is at 11.91 according to the btwholesale speed test. Rest of the day we get 3-5mbps. Packet loss tests show between 5 and 10% packet loss. Router shows noise margins as being 5.6/0.9. Upload speeds seems unaffected. I've tried the usual, disconnecting all other wired/wireless sources. Tried resetting the connection. Any help to solve this would be appreciated, it makes the internet practically unusable in the evening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 136

Re: Evening slow down with low noise and packet loss

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

If you can raise a fault here we'll get that looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 19

Hi Nick,

A warm welcome to the forums - how is this progressing?

Matthew,

Has this case been profiled against the S-Vlan stuff Gandalf has been looking at?
Nick85

Hi guys, apologies for the late reply. 

The problem seems to have actually resolved itself for now, so I haven't logged the fault on the link provided earlier. Current speed test is roughly 9.5 mbps down, 1 mbps up, ping of 35. If I have any further problems i'll bump this thread!

Cheers for the assistance anyway!

Nick

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 19

Please watch carefully for time related slow downs - such can point to exchange capacity issues ... which the standard fault diagnostics are not likely to identify, though they might rule out other issues.
Nick85

That was one of my first thoughts regarding the fault to be honest, especially as I never had issues with my previous ISP at this location. I'll keep an eye on it, if there is any further slow downs in evenings or at weekends i'll post back into this thread! Cheers