Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport

WILT
Grafter

Eurosport

Hi,
      I've just purchased a Eurosport subscription to their "player " service and find to my disgust that even using "google  chrome " the connection gets dropped usually near the end of a race I am keen on watching . I pay a fair amount for the service I receive from you and your parent company  and find the situation totally intolerable .Whilst those boys in the City who have bankrupted the western world enjoy 20 MB/sec. I cannot even watch a grainy, blocky, video stream. without it failing !!!!!
DO SOMETHING or I'll cancel
7 REPLIES 7
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Eurosport

I suggest you cancel.  That will solve all your Internet problems.
WILT
Grafter

Yes,
          O.K. the shouting demand was OTT,
                but its pretty frustrating when you get no were near the claimed maximum quoted and  the eurosport gauge says 800kb/s at best as it stutters along .All the ISP's are guilty of making these up to XX Mb/s  claims when realistically they are mostly unattainable it seems. Add to this the separation of BT Outreach from their true customer base i.e. you and I , not the phone company or the ISP, then its a nightmare trying to solve phone or internet line problems. I recently spent 2 weeks trying to solve a phone issue. The line now supports 2.6 ish Mb/s which I assumed would support streaming but I still get total freeze ups,pauses etc.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can I suggest checking a few things - the first two you probably already did
Run the BT speedtest - diagnostic - what is the result
Check the Plusnet Current Line Speed https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Run the BBC iPlayer diagnostic http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics
WILT
Grafter

Thanks Jim,

The plusnet test gives 2.8  and the I-player 2.6+  which is why I had expected the streaming video to work and signed up for the Eurosport deal only to find it drops out and why does the Eurosport gauge only show 600-800KB is this an internal computer speed problem ? It is a 3.2ghz P4.  . 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The first question is whether an iPlayer stream works OK.
If it doesn't then it may be your computer but if it does then I suspect a profiling problem and in which case a Wireshark capture will be needed http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
Assuming that you are on Extra (Value would be killed by the usage) then the only restrictions on speed are from 8pm to 10pm so you could try streaming outside those times and see if it works
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It could be your PCs CPU or graphics card.
If it doesn't stream BBC iPlayer try downloading an HD iPlayer program and see if they plays properly.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Try uninstalling and reinstalling MS Silverlight (if their player uses it).
I had a problem with Sky Player.  Did the above and it works a treat.