cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet to WiFi Convertor

MrT
Grafter

Ethernet to WiFi Convertor

Planning a future holiday, I noticed that most of the hotels in Northern Spain provide a wired Ethernet connection in each bedroom.
So that I can use my Nexus 7 tablet, I thought I would get an Ethernet to WiFi Convertor - specifically the Buffalo WAE-300D-EU available from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-AirStation-Wireless-N-Ethernet-Converter/dp/B00BQTJ7NK/ref=wl_it_dp_... .
Comments as to its suitability and performance would be most welcome. Also any suggestions of alternative products.  Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Ethernet to WiFi Convertor

I have a number of those TP-Link Nano devices. They have a whole host of uses, depending how they are configured.  Grin
The main job they do for me is to provide a LAN connection to t'internet via wireless link back to my router for devices that only have a LAN RJ45 connection.
Literally plug'n'go once configured, and can take power from a spare USB port.
h_milsom
Grafter

MrT
Grafter

@All - thanks for your inputs.
The TP-Link Nano would fit my requirements very well.
In my research I also came across an Edimax BR-6258nL http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edimax-BR-6258nL-WirelessPersonal-Hotspot-Travel/dp/B00ADHPP6Y/ref=sr_1_9?s=... . I already have an Edimax 7209APg and have received great service from that (used to connect my Humax PVR to my network so that I can watch iPlayer).
It's a good job I've got a couple of weeks to make my mind up!  Undecided  Roll_eyes
kamalaggi
Dabbler

If you have sky tv you can get the free wireless connector for the on demand services which effectively will do the same job.
I've tested it and it works  Smiley