Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated line speed - opt out

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Estimated line speed - opt out

That's new. I've always had an estimated line speed except this afternoon it now says "Not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimates)."
Which clearly isn't true as I've had one there for months since I joined.
Why?
40 REPLIES 40
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Estimated line speed - opt out

Have you by any chance just changed products, not provided with an estimate alongside that?
David
Mikewalsh
Grafter

By coincidence same has happened to me - my line speed has just halved but the stats did show 6Mb estimated and 6Mb current earlier today now it just shows the 3Mb current!
The estimated now shows "Not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimates)."?
Rgds
redsox10
Grafter

Same here and puzzled.  My estimated line speed has been shown since I joined PN four months ago but disappeared yesterday.  My new PN profile also does not match BT's.  Something weird going on.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

"Have you by any chance just changed products, not provided with an estimate alongside that?"
No.
Like redsox10 I joined some 4-5 months ago.
BT stopped showing estimated speeds a while back if you already had a connection. They just showed the actual current connection speed. Looks like Plusnet is just generally tagging along with that.
Are some estimates proving a bit of an exaggerated embarrassment?
redsox10
Grafter

Would anyone from PN DG care to enlighten us on the "estimated line speed not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimate")?  Noticed this morning my BT profile (6.5) adjusted to the PN profile (5.5).  I thought PN should have adjusted to the BT profile.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
That's something we're looking into at the moment (problem ID 63052). With regard to your profile, it may be that our side had not updated when it should have so when the BT side dropped it just happened to match what was set on our side. I suspect that's what happened in this case.
redsox10
Grafter

Any joy please on problem ID63052?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not as yet, we still only have 3 examples of this happening.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Does that include the two reported here  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93065.32.html posts 34 and 35
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jim,
This problem ID refers to this, Not what you have linked to.
Jojo Smiley
redsox10
Grafter

Old Jim and I were referring to the problem of the estimated line speed disappearing and replaced by a note saying "Not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimates)."  This after several months of estimated line speeds being displayed, especially for new membeers, on Member Centre.
caulbox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've also been hoping for some explanation with regards to the 'estimated line speed disappearing' peculiarity. I posted my own variant of the problem in the lengthy on-going BT Speedtester thread (where I included a link to this topic).
Mav
Fixes: 514

I also have this issue.
Originally I thought it may have had something to do with changing my old telephone number to the current one as reported here & here.
Then I saw this thread...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter

just had a march report from SamKnows, didnt realize something had happened, looked at BT line info, BT Test and my proflie, all say the same, it is now  the same as Sam, also my Synch speed has dropped from 16M to 14M, so what happened on the 25th March, I have jumped gateway, my router is still showing 14M