cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Fibre Speed is less than my normal current boradband?

dsavvy83

Estimated Fibre Speed is less than my normal current boradband?

I want to upgrade to Fibre broadband, but i am reluctant to do so, because my estimated speed is:
1.6Mb download speed (estimated)
0.8Mb upload speed (estimated)
But currently i am getting on a normal broadband:
7.5Mb download speed (estimated)
Should i still go ahead, I have been trying to get through to sales team but you guys are extremely busy and it i svery difficult to find any answers, can someone please get back to me as I don't want to miss out on the deal!!!
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Estimated Fibre Speed is less than my normal current boradband?

I thought fibre would not be provisioned if it is estimated less than 10Mb?
I've never seen an estimate as low as yours....do you live in a rural area?
dsavvy83

kinda rural, i live near bracknell, but our normal broadband has actually been pretty good, But i want more download speed, as we tend to watch alot of streaming on netflix, nowtv etc...
I can't test the line because our phone line is dead (no dial tone), which im not happy about as it will take till Friday to fix apparently!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the line fault @dsavvy83
I can see the engineers have identified the issue so we're hoping to see that fixed by the 20th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dsavvy83

I would also like to know what the procedure is to complain about not having phone line or broadband for the whole week? I pay about £25 a month for these services. And I am also trying to upgrade to Fibre broadband but i cannot get through to anyone in the sales department to query about the Fibre broadband speeds, could someone please come back to me with some useful information???????
dsavvy83

It's has been very difficult getting through to any type of help with you guys recently?? could someone get back to me please?
dsavvy83

So nobody has got back to me about my query, and it's very frustrating getting through to you guy's at the moment, and I have now missed out one of your deals on the Fibre broadband?
dsavvy83

Ok thanks for getting back to me, i just had a phone call to confirm what i needed, and update on my fault.....