Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous PN speed profile

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Erroneous PN speed profile

Well the PN profile was doing its usual thing of updating after three days of the actual change. It had just changed recently to a nighttime sync (5.3 for PN) that occurred quite a few days ago (has been on a daytime sync since then - which should equate to 5.5 for PN) but now the value is completely wrong with it being 3.1!?! I can't think where this number has come from but it definitely isn't correct for our line.
Something has gone wrong with the PN profiling system for our account, I do hope it's not more widespread than that.
That's RPM to you!!
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Erroneous PN speed profile

Your line had a re-sync at 3.5MB/s yesterday so this reduced your profile. It has since re-synced at just over 6.2MB/s and I have set your IP profile to 5.5MB/s.
This should take around 15 minutes to take effect.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Well I don't know when that sync occurred, it must have been incredibly temporary as I never saw it at that level. Our line has had a sync at 6259 for over 48 hours. Is Blip Logic still active on 21cn lines?
Anyway, thanks for changing it Chris, otherwise I'd have to have put up with the slow speed for days.
That's RPM to you!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Blip Logic is only active on 20CN lines.
It is showing a disconnection at 5.04pm yesterday with a re-connection at 5.05pm.
Let me know if anything changes.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Given that IP Profile is always 88.2% of sync speed blip logic is not needed. The problem (again) is the PN profile not keeping up with drops in speed always being registered and increases frequently lost.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)