cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic speeds

valart
Grafter

Erratic speeds

My broadband speed as been all over the place yesterday it was in the 8 and 7mb today is 0.519 I never get more then 8mb on average because of the distance I am away from the exchange,on the whole things are fine except for the odd drop on occasions but it soon connects.I just wondered if it might be the weather conditions it looks a bit stormy out there at the moment,also I have had this router since I started with PN would it make any difference with a new one
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Erratic speeds

Looks like a couple of drops have caused the speed to drop, it could be weather related - keep an eye on it and see if it happens more often. Not sure that a new router would make a difference, might be worth borrowing one to check perhaps?
Doesn't look like your profile has taken a bump so chances are rebooting the router should get the speeds back up? Please let us know if not.
valart
Grafter

Thanks Matt I rebooted the router and I am back on 8 or 9 mb,I just wondered if rebooting helps from time to time when this happens.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, certainly - just make sure not to do it too often. If possible it's usually worth logging in to the router and disconnecting the broadband before powering it off then on again, as this isn't seen by the exchange as a possible fault.