cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err Connection Timed Out error on my two blogs

smiler5000

Err Connection Timed Out error on my two blogs

Hi all, 

I am getting the err connection timed out error when i try to access my two blogs, both hosted on wordpress. I hunted on google and spent about 5 hours (i am not great with computer jargon) doing everything that all the sites listed at possible solutions. 

I spoke to Go Daddy and they said they could access it fine. I tried my phone and had the same error but when i turned off the wifi it worked fine pin pointing it to me as a plusnet issue. 

So among the solutions i have tried is changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 etc, changing my LAN settings, unticking protocol 4 boxes, rebooting the router, leaving it off for about 2 hours first time and about 9 hours the second time. 

Tried diff browsers etc, all the suggestions. 

I just tried ringing but it's 20 min wait time so thought I would post here. 

Oh, someone messaged me on facebook asking if i had stopped the blogging as they couldn't access the site, i said no and told him to use his phone 4g and he said it worked. I asked if he was on plusnet and he said yes so it's a plusnet issue for sure. 

Anyone have any other ideas or how I can get this looked in to?

The two sites are www.elitemilitaryforces.com and www.tradingthetennis.com

Thanks all, I will try and answer any questions but please remember I am not very technical with computers!

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Err Connection Timed Out error on my two blogs

What router are you using?

I suspect it's the same issue as: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/One-website-will-not-load/td-p/1523332

smiler5000

It's a Hub One router. We have had it for over a year but the problem only started maybe 10 days ago. 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

The IP address is slightly different, but it's in the same range (160.153.137.x) as the ones in the other thread.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiler5000

What does that suggest? Do I need a new router? Is there some options I can work through to find a fix? I am not massively technical though lol,

Cheers for your replies so far. 

ejs
Aspiring Hero

Initially I suspected it was a problem with my router, which is a rather old Netgear. But now that I've seen that it is affecting a few people, with different routers, then it's not a problem with anyone's router.

This requires some Plusnet staff input, I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it on your end.

Jeade
Hooked

@ejs wrote:

Initially I suspected it was a problem with my router, which is a rather old Netgear. But now that I've seen that it is affecting a few people, with different routers, then it's not a problem with anyone's router.

This requires some Plusnet staff input, I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it on your end.

@ejs have you had any information at all from Plusnet staff? I can't get through, or when I do they just suggest turning router on and off to gain new IP address. However the problem is obviously with a wider issue than just me and my home network but nobody will acknowledge them. Incredibly frustrating.

ejs
Aspiring Hero

No, but then I wasn't going to attempt to contact them personally, since the issue doesn't affect any websites I need to use. I am going to continue to wait for someone from Plusnet to read these forums, or for the problem to disappear by itself, whichever comes first. It's not like I have some special codeword to get straight through to some suitably technical department at Plusnet or anything.