cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epson SX515W Printer Problem

rogerhughes3

Epson SX515W Printer Problem

Just joined Plusnet and connected 2 x PCs and an Iomega HD to the 'Technicolor, TG582N' router. However when I tried to connect the router to the printer it isn't seen on the network. I have contacted Epson support and they think it could be a configuration issue with the router (perhaps a firewall issue) anyone have any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
apjashley1
Grafter

Re: Epson SX515W Printer Problem

Hold down the "network" button on the printer and wait for a page to print out. Tell us what's on the paper?
rogerhughes3

Not exactly sure what you mean by network button, but network settings printout from the printer is thus.
Epson Status Sheet
MAC Address 00:00:48:88:73:54
Software 2C.ME2296 2C(13.0.11/00000000)
Printer Model Epson Stylus SX510W
Printer Name EPSON887354
<Ethernet>
Network Status None
Port Type None
<Wirless>
Wireless Mode On
Communication Mode Infrastructure
Operation Mode IEEE802.11b/g
Communication Speed  Auto(54Mbps)
SSID Bruno
Channel None
Security Level WEP-64bit(40bit)
AP Athentication Method Auto(Shared Key)
Link Status Searching
Access Point (MAC Address) (None)
Signal Strength No Good
SSID List E:PlusnetWirelessCA5DA7/ 1/Security(On)
Configuration Method Other
<TCP/IP>
Obtain IP Address Auto
IP Address None
Subnet Mask None
Default Gateway None
APIPA Enabled
Bonjour Enabled
Bonjour Name (None)
Bonjour Printer Name (None)
<Vista>
WSD Enabled
<MS Network(R)> Enabled
Host Name None
Workgroup Name None
File Share Name None
File Sharing Mode None
<Idle Tiemout>
LPR 300[sec]
Port9100 300[sec]
WSD Print 300[sec]
WSD Scan 300[sec]
apjashley1
Grafter

It looks like your printer can't reach the wireless signal (too far). Can you plug it in right next to the router and try again? See if you get something different for signal strength instead of "no good" - no need to type the whole lot out again
Also is there any reason your printer is connected to "Bruno" rather than "PlusnetWirelessXXXXXX"?
apjashley1
Grafter

(deleted)
rogerhughes3

I originally had 2 PCs an Iomega HD and the Epson printer connected via Ethernet on a network called MSHome and Bruno was the user recognition for that network. I have just discovered 'My Network' on 'Plusnet Assist' and this shows all four devices, however the PCs and HD drive seem to be connected to MSHome while the Epson printer and Technicolor router seems to connect to 'Workgroup' which is presumably the default Windows Network set up by Plusnet assist. Since I don't know how to change the printer to MSHome a practical solution might be to connect PCs to 'Workgroup', not sure if it will work, do you think this could be the solution?
apjashley1
Grafter

From your print out it looks like your printer isn't even on the same wireless network! The workgroup ought to be the same but it's not important