Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensuring SKY use the MAC

Stranger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ensuring SKY use the MAC

Is there any way of making sure that SKY use the MAC as otherwise I'm likely to face a £30 charge from Plusnet?
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Ensuring SKY use the MAC

In short no.
That said, given that Sky are likely to provide over LLU, a MAC code is not actually required.  That said, migration to a LLU provider is a recognised process (outside of MAC) and BTw ought not to raise the disconnection charge.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stranger
Rising Star

Thanks Townman, the part about BT ought not to raise the charge as it's going to LLU,  pass it to PN who then pass it on to me matches what I've been told elsewhere.
Guess I'll just have to take the plunge and keep my fingers crossed ................ and also contact PN to make sure that they cancel my service once I'm up and running with SKY.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

As soon as Sky have placed the order I'll be able to see what type of cease has been issued. Will be happy to check back and clarify, though the cessation shouldn't apply.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Stranger
Rising Star

Thankyou MattyC, much appreciated.  I'm speaking with them as we speak to ensure I keep my number.