Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer troubles

Pyrii
Grafter

Re: Engineer troubles

Quote from: Anotherone
Check your Current Line speed (Login required) it should have updated to match the BT IP Profile of 77.43Mbps, if not, a DCT member will need to kick it for you. With that Profile, the Cab must be close by.

Estimated line speed:
   76Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-06-06 08:30:12
Current line speed:
   77.4 Mb

No estimate of upload speed, which is what bothers me most. Also our phones are still out so I'll be poking the Post Office tomorrow.
EDIT: I think it's very telling that no Plusnet staff have commented on this thread...
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Just message any member i.e Chris Purvey (He's a good bloke) via 'My messages' tab
And they should sort u out!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Pyrii
No estimate of upload speed, which is what bothers me most. Also our phones are still out so I'll be poking the Post Office tomorrow.
EDIT: I think it's very telling that no Plusnet staff have commented on this thread...

Well, In the DCT's slight defense, Monday is a very busy day for them. Unfortunately there never is an estimate for Upload speed. BTw/OR have never guaranteed anything about upload speed. However I do feel that Plusnet's attention needs to be focused on your OP and my rely #2.
Pyrii
Grafter

Well the BT Openreach engineer came, checked the line and got some very strange results on his machine, scratched his head and attached a "toner" and then left for the cab, 45 minutes and one episode of voyager later, he returned from the exchange and hooked up his hand unit and was able to dial out.
It seems the contractor never even bothered to visit the exchange, and our phone system was still hooked up the old circuit, now it's been moved over to the fibre circuit. Probably why the contractor was so reluctant to do any tests and left so quickly.
The engi said he gets a lot of this where contractors do the job as quickly as possible and only deal with broadband part of the service and don't even bother to check for phone service.
So we have a dial tone now, the engi has apparently reset the training on my Fibre line (Can PN check this please?) and even replaced the downstairs socket with the new faceplate. (He commented that the old one should never have been put back on as an extension as it still had the ring capacitor on it, so is effectively a main socket)
Now all that's left is to stare menacingly at Plusnet till they hold their hands up and say sorry, and show some form of goodwill for the trouble they've caused and lack of any care for my situation over the weekend.
Anotherone
Champion

And you mustn't forget they need to take Openreach to task over their sloppy lazy unprofessional sub-contractor!
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Pyrii > Really sorry Sad
Someone is looking now.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Pyrii
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
And you mustn't forget they need to take Openreach to task over their sloppy lazy unprofessional sub-contractor!

Agreed, but as my contract is only with Plusnet, I can only make them bend over for what happened. It's then up to them to do the same to Openreach afterwards.  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Pyrii
...... I can only make them bend over.......

Grin Grin I like your style  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Pyrii,
Really sorry to hear of your experience with the engineer and sorry for the delayed response on here.  I'll make sure we get this rectified for you as soon as we physically can.
Chris Pettitt will be in-touch with you to arrange this shortly.
This will be fedback to our suppliers regarding the install.
Chris
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

aaaaaaand we'll be doing some internal retraining.  Embarrassed  Angry
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion

:clapping hands: smiley for that one  Wink
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thank you for your time on the phone this afternoon, it was a real pleasure even though we did get sidetracked with talk about Minecraft!
I've just replied to your ticket that you've raised and I'm in the process of creating a new ticket with your line stats on for you.
We'll be dealing with how the calls/tickets were handled and dealt with, internally.
If there is anything further I can help with in the meantime, please do let me know Smiley
Edit: Just to add, the the new Ticket#: 70920882.
Pyrii
Grafter

Indeed, thank you for the really nice call, I could end up chatting to you all day, but didn't want to keep you from other people who need you. Also thanks to Anotherone for the handy info and keeping me company in this lonely thread till PN picked it up.  Cry
Chris was happy with my request, making wonder if I should've pushed for more, but I'm not the cheeky sort. I prefer to be reasonable, at first, and then pull the whip out if things get silly. Thankfully Chris was happy to be accommodating. Which re-assures me for the next 18 months Tongue
And now all this is over with and finally off my radar, it seems Atos have mailed me to turn my life upside down again for a few months *sigh*
I'm happy with the service, my long term goal is to maximise my upload speed. There's no real documentation on expected or average speeds in the UK for Fibre, so it's hard to see what's normal/expected. So I'll wait till training ends to look into that, thanks for talking me through that Chris.
Anotherone
Champion

Glad it's all be sorted out for you  Smiley