cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

antonydon
Dabbler

Engineer no show

My install time for fibre optic has been and gone.  I have contacted plusnet and have had a text back saying that another date will have to be arranged and I'll be told when this is in 24/48 hours.
Given that the last date was 'arranged' and I've taken time off work and I've been waiting around the house for the last 6 hours how I am to have any confidence that somebody will actually turn up?
Also due to childcare arrangements if an engineer does turn up with the next few days depending on when they arrive they may find themselves being asked to leave my house for an hour at a time as I go and collect children from school which I'm sure will go down well.
Add to this my broadband from my previous supplier is due to expire on the 7th.
Not the best start to my contract plusnet.
21 REPLIES 21
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Engineer no show

Hi there,
I'm really sorry for how things have started off there. I can assure you we will be in touch to arrange an appointment that's convenient for yourself, and will make sure to feed back where we can.
From checking the ticket it looks like this was a system error rather than an appointment not being kept so we'll make sure to investigate what happened there as well.
Our provisioning team do have this in hand for you, I'll check on things for you tomorrow and make sure they're moving on and as I say we'll be in touch to arrange an engineer appointment very soon.
antonydon
Dabbler

An update for anyone reading this thread my new date is the 12th of December, 9 days after my supposed installation.  Given as well Plusnet (or Matt) I have said that my current contract with my provider runs out on the 7th what exactly would you like me and my busy household who use the internet for work to do for 5 days with no provider?
Unfortunately I have to wait until the morning to contact the order update people as this does not help me.  So far its been up to me to do the running on this as the only replies I've had are by text or email, neither are usefull when I have to keep explaining to different people that I need this service before the 7th.
antonydon
Dabbler

Well I am disgusted with plusnets attitude.  Basically its there fault but won't help.  I cannot speak to anyone in complaints as they don't have a phone line (cop out) and though I asked to speak to someone with an ounce of responsiblility I was turned down.
I was with aol for 10 years and had 2 line faults in that time which were both sorted out that day, all I can do now is 'write a letter' and hope someone reads it and responds.  Award winning , I don't think so.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
antonydon
Dabbler

Hi thanks I found this while searching to see if I could find a phone number direct to the complaints.  The person I spoke to in customer serices did not give me this link but just kept repeating 'you will have to write a letter' even though my current contract ends on the 7th.  Also no one has said anything about my mac code, will i need another one if I stay with aol which will be over the 30 day limit of the last one?Huh
I wonder who's paying who for this 'service'.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The way MAC codes are supposed to work is that the losing supplier should only terminate the service when the new supplier takes over. BT inform the losing supplier. Your requesting a MAC is not supposed to trigger a definite leaving date, just give notice of an intention to leave at some time.
Once Plusnet have used the MAC it should not need a new one.
antonydon
Dabbler

Right.  There is an expirey date though stated on the letter from aol, is this not the case?  It now looks like I'll have to keep with aol for the gap in service between the 7th and 12th so how does this work with the mac codes?
Thanks for your help, its been the only help I've had all morning about this.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The expiry date is for you to give the MAC code to the new supplier and for them to enter it on the the BTw system and raise the order to take over the service. The actual migration can be after that date.
I'd suggest contacting AOL to confirm that they haven't raised an order to terminate your service and that it will only cease when your new supplier takes over.
antonydon
Dabbler

It does state on the letter thet "If you decide not to switch you do not need to do anything with this code and can continue to use aol broadband".  I guess this means that my service is only terminated when plusnet actually take over?
I really appreciate your help.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I would advise caution in any assumptions.  Lips_are_sealed
If you HAVE used the code and it's been entered by your new ISP into BT's systems it's out of both old and new ISP's hands to a large extent.
antonydon
Dabbler

I wonder how I could find out about this as I haven't cancelled my account with aol, only asked for a mac code.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@antonydon,
I've just checked as per the PM you sent me and can see that an order has been raised for an appointment on 12/12 between 8AM and 1PM, this should mean that the service should remain active with the current ISP until then but please be aware that aspect of the migration is not under our control.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
antonydon
Dabbler

Hi Adam, thanks for the reply.  Who's control is it under?  It shouldn't be to hard to contact the right people to find this information out should it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
I was inferring that if the connection does terminate prior to our part of the migration (i.e activating your new service with us) that would be down to AOL.
They shouldn't do that but you may want to check with them and ask them to make sure nothing happens to your current service until ours becomes active.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team