cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show for fibre install

bdwicks
Hooked

Engineer no show for fibre install

I was supposed to have an engineer appointment on 18th (today) in the morning but (big surprise) no one showed up. I was texted in the afternoon saying that my phone had been completed but no explanation of why the fibre had not been set up.
I asked on Twitter and received a quick reply (thanks) that someone would look into it. After that I received a text saying an engineer had been rebooked for 25th - that's a week away! So far so unimpressed and still no explanation.
I then phoned so that I could have an engineer appointment at a more appropriate date, I'm off work this week so it can only be then. The chap on the phone (Mark) said that on the system it showed that the order had been cancelled 60 minutes after it was placed(!) and yet no one had ever told me there was a problem.
So now I have to wait until tomorrow (I was told up to 48 hrs) to find out what on earth has been going on and what are the chances of getting an appointment this week? I can't see it happening unless Plusnet complain to Openreach vigorously enough. So anyway, I am seriously unimpressed so far, albeit mostly with Openreach. Here's hoping Plusnet can sort it out in good time.
4 REPLIES 4
bdwicks
Hooked

Re: Engineer no show for fibre install

Just to add to this I have just received a text from my old provider saying the adsl service will be ceased on 26th. Is this normal when moving to fibre?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

bdwicks
Hooked

Thanks for that Jelv.
I really need Plusnet to bring forward the appointment to this Friday, at the moment it looks like they put through the phone order but didn't make sure that the fibre appointment was ordered successfully.
If it isn't brought forward I'm afraid I may have to cancel as I've taken this week off and have no more leave left  Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm really sorry for the failings that you've experienced here.
I can see that Matt has been in touch with you and has requested an expedite on this case for you. As soon as we hear further information back on this, we'll let you know.