cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer didn't arrive for Fibre install, no communication from Plusnet

mada
Grafter

Engineer didn't arrive for Fibre install, no communication from Plusnet

My fibre was meant to go live today and I was expecting an engineer visit to install it. I hadn't heard anything so called plusnet to be told the engineer had arrived at the cabinet for the install but the line wasn't active. Supposedly he arrived at 1pm and the line went active at 1.25pm.
Supposedly there is nothing plusnet can do and the next engineer visit isn't until 30th June, 7 days from now which is unacceptable given both me and my partner use the internet for work (my partner is self employed).
This is appalling service given that plusnet didn't even have the courtesy to tell me of the issue and the long wait to put things right. Can't you temporarily permission me for adsl2 until an engineer is available?
7 REPLIES 7
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Engineer didn't arrive for Fibre install, no communication from Plusnet

Quote from: mada
the engineer had arrived at the cabinet for the install but the line wasn't active. Supposedly he arrived at 1pm and the line went active at 1.25pm.
This might be a dumb question, but did anyone explain which organisations were responsible for those two actions and how they communicate and synchronise/sequence activities?  Lips_are_sealed
If I were you I'd put this into "Your Feedback" to get greater visibility and a sensible response.  Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mada,
As per our conversation, the engineer's appointment is now booked for 25/06/2014 between 8AM and 1PM.
If there are any problems on the day please pop any information on here and we'll be happy to help.
Sorry for the delay! Sad
mada
Grafter

Much better, thank you. These things happen so a couple of days is more palatable than a week!
petecov44
Grafter

Tell me about it - I have to wait till the 30th also.
Mind you - it's still better than the 4 weeks I waited before.
Mind you - try and get changed to business seems not possible (as I tried) so can't say I blame you. Whilst I am grateful that a engineer is coming tomorrow to sort the voice side still amazed it takes so long. When I do an order on BT I am also offered 25th for install. Maybe someone cancelled or maybe taking the money and not trying to get the service sorted ASAP is something they do now. Who knows.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: petecov44
When I do an order on BT I am also offered 25th for install. Maybe someone cancelled or maybe taking the money and not trying to get the service sorted ASAP is something they do now. Who knows.

Offering a date and confirming a date are not the quite the same thing.  It does though make one wonder if BTOR / BTw are indeed favouring BT Retail above other ISPs?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Or BT Retail possibly expedite all of their orders? Just a thought.
I highly doubt that BT Retail are being favoured as that would be illegal, but the above could be possible.
petecov44
Grafter

No that's not the case. When I ordered BT on the 2nd I had a date of the 19th. Then when I cancelled and came to you which was the 9th I had the 28th so about the same.