Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer charges

FIXED
DaniW
Dabbler

Engineer charges

Hello,

I could not find a way to put my comments/feedback in the #166821257 open question, therefore I decided to post it here in the forums.  I moved to a new flat and signed up with Plusnet about 3 months ago. However, upon activation, the internet was not working (no dial tone). Plusnet arranged an engineer visit and the engineer fixed the problem ( the cable outside of the flat was cut). 3 months later, I got a notification from Plusnet that I will be charged  £65 for the engineer visit (Ticket #166821257). From my understanding, you are charged if it is an internal wiring fault. The cable was cut outside of the flat and the engineer told me that the cable leading to the master socket was fine. He did change the master socket faceplate and the junction box (He broke it, in order to check the wiring), but I was told that this is free of charge as these are BT openreach equipments. I think this is unfair and would like to know if Plusnet can review this again? Thank you

Dani

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Engineer charges

Fix

Welcome to the community forums Dani.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been charged for your engineer visit.

Discussing this with my line manager, as the broken lead-in to your master socket is beyond your responsibility, I've decided to waive the call-out charge for you.

Hope this helps. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DaniW
Dabbler

Thank you Anoush. Much appreciated!

Dani

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all Dani.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet