cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Visit

reecicles
Grafter

Engineer Visit

I wonder if there is anyone rep on here who can help me.
I moved into my new build property in November. Initially i went with sky for my broadband and phone - who screwed up my order 4 or 5 times spanning 2 months. I decided to drop them and move onto what i thought would be a better company - plusnet.
I was given a line installation date of today (22/01/14)  about 20 days after ordering from plusnet. This was already infuriating as i had already been waiting from November for this date to come. The appointment was between 8 - 1pm.
NO SHOW
This is disgusting and i am sick to death of being messed about. Annual days taken for nothing. I ring and get told to ring back in the afternoon for more info. I ring again in the afternoon and get fobbed off - i will be contacted in 24hrs (i've heard that one before!).
ANy help and advice would be appreciated
17 REPLIES 17
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Engineer Visit

Sorry about this, I'll get one of the team to get in touch with Openreach and see what's happened with the engineer.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

See http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen... re the Missed Appointment Payment
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
reecicles
Grafter

Thanks Jelv, i didn't know i could claim back for my time. Do you know how i go about claiming this?
thanks
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You might find this helpful: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@reecicles I've just chased this up and the appointment didn't process correctly  due to an issue on our supplier's side of things.
The job is going to be rescheduled for the very soonest available appointment and we expect to be able to update you about that tomorrow.
Sorry again for the time wasted waiting in for that today.
I'll check back on this tomorrow to make sure we can let you know about the new appointment as soon as possible.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reecicles
Grafter

Hi Adam,
any update on this?
thanks
reecicles
Grafter

So i just received an email stating that i will be charged for another engineer visit.
this is disgusting. I am not happy. I have been messed about since November.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You won't be charged, the engineer not attending was not down to you it was an error on Openreach's systems so no charge will apply.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just updated ticket 80246182 about a new appointment tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reecicles
Grafter

I hope this is just a bug but i have just received a confirmation booking by text and email for the 22/01/14 (the original booking). not 24/01/14 (the new booking)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

i have just received a confirmation booking by text and email for the 22/01/14

Sorry about that, no it's definitely booked for the 24th.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reecicles
Grafter

As an update:

My engineer turned up on the 24th. Fit the line and the phone works perfectly. Broadband order proceeded untill about 10pm when i had an email informing me it was cancelled - because the phone line wasn't installed. I rang plusnet (on the phone line that was indeed installed ) to be told this and that i had to wait untill monday for the order updates team.
Rang again today to be told i have to wait 24 hours for BT to update plusnets system. I then have to wait a further 5 - 7 working days for brodband to be activated.
I remind people that i have been waiting since mid november for my line to be installed and internet to be activated - My patience is wearing very thin.
Still waiting on information on the £45 compensation from Open Reach that Adam said he will chase. No response on this matter as of yet.
Although most of my problems lie with Open Reach - there is no way i can find to complain directly to them so plusnet is receiving the brunt of my frustration.
I hope that someone can help me here. I would like to be up and running by the end of the week - it's becoming quite stressful.

reecicles
Grafter

Can any Rep on here help?Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We did originally place a simultaneous order for you. Unfortunately the phone order was delayed. When this happens, the sim order can no longer go ahead unfortunately - we're not sure why the broadband order can't be brought into line with the delay, but nontheless it can't 😕 That's why we've had to place another broadband order.
We can try to chase this however even if it's expedited it's almost certain we'll not be able to get an earlier date for completion I'm afraid. Really sorry it's been going on so long.