Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer - No show-..

abhijack
Grafter

Engineer - No show-..

I am really angry now.
Had engineer appointment for 8 am - 1pm today.
Stayed home all morning taking time off work..
Rang PN as engineer didnt show up till 1.30 pm.
He tracked them and apparently engineer notes say:
"Couldnt get access to property"
What does that mean? Was the engineer trying to access some other property? Or was he not interested in pressing the bell or knocking if he was at my property ? And why no phone calls to my mobile despite giving my numberinstructons to the engineer?
This is really pathetic......
56 REPLIES 56
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Engineer - No show-..

The engineer is instructed to phone you prior to your appointment giving you an ETA. This isn't PN's fault but I'd give them a hard time to sort it out PDQ. It's a shame you've been messed around.
abhijack
Grafter

It might be a 3rd partys fault. But my dealings are only with Plusnet..isnt it?
And I believe its a big offence from an engineers side to put a false update. I have been so eagerly waiting for this appointment and waiting home all morning...
Feel stupid about my wasted time...
Thanks a lot for your reply.... btw whats PDQ?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It's a not uncommon failing.  Cry
I suggest you add your "thoughts and suggestions" to this thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,109930.msg941771.html#msg941771
PDQ Pretty Dam Quick
Quote from: abhijack
Rang PN as engineer didnt show up till 1.30 pm.

Does that mean he/she did actually turn up but after the scheduled time?
If so, were they able to do anything useful?
abhijack
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce

Does that mean he/she did actually turn up but after the scheduled time?
If so, were they able to do anything useful?

Nobody turned up at all.
My slot was between 8am to 1pm.
I rang PN initially at 12.30 but they said the enginner might be delayed and they cant track until the time has lapsed.
As advised by customer care I rang again at 1.30 and got this shocking update from them.
"engineer couldnt get access to my property"
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Raise a formal complaint and ask for the evidence.
You will be entitled to compensation if making a further appointment causes you reasonable additional costs.
(the first appointment obviously you would have had to be there for anyway)
James
Grafter

You don't need to raise a complaint.
We should get more detailed notes by the end of the day.  Normally they will describe the address they attended.
shalom2010
Grafter

Jameseh, is it correct that the Open Reach engineer should ring prior to the visit to establish his ETA? (I'm worried now as I have an install date coming up, plus a friend on Wednesday).
abhijack
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh

We should get more detailed notes by the end of the day.  Normally they will describe the address they attended.

Thanks James.
I had a call back from a PN customer care rep just now.
He had been on phone to engineer for a long time.
The engineer had been to some address with a white door and my door isnt white. . So we now know what happened!!!
And I dont expect the engineers to be too nice to notify of his ETA. Most of us customers take time off and stay home anyway. But atleast when they think they cant get access they should give a ring on the number given. That would have enlightened him of being at a wrong place.
He said he will get a new date from BT and update me tomorrow... Hope its reasonably soon.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@abhijack
I'm really sorry to read about this issue, from the notes on the account it sounds very much like the engineer wasn't at the right property. I'll make sure we keep you updated.
@shalom2010
I'd not worry about it, engineers are encouraged to call ahead but aren't obliged to do so AFAIK.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

When I was connected at the beginning of October PN assured me that the Openreach engineer would call prior to his visit both as a courtesy & to make sure that I was at home. Sure enough he called me 30 minutes before he actually arrived. I made sure that the kettle was on!
James
Grafter

We can request that Openreach ring ahead but we are unable to guarantee that it happens.
abhijack
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@abhijack
I'm really sorry to read about this issue, from the notes on the account it sounds very much like the engineer wasn't at the right property. I'll make sure we keep you updated.

thanks adam.. hope you do your best to get it sorted asap...
abhijack
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
We can request that Openreach ring ahead but we are unable to guarantee that it happens.

Do PN have the right [as consumers] to insist  them to ring the customer in cases like mine before jumping to a conclusion that property was inaccessible?
abhijack
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
Sure enough he called me 30 minutes before he actually arrived. I made sure that the kettle was on!

thats the way it should be..
anyway i am feeling less agitated after few posts and some deep breaths... Smiley