cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer No Show - TWICE

manwar51

Engineer No Show - TWICE

Hi orderd fibre and phone, due date to go live 2-1-14 pm slot for engineer never showed becuase of a delay so booked for 14-1-14 got a call on the 7th saying its been moved to the 15th which was today and still didnt show up. Sky has cut me off today and i need my phone and broadband up and runnimg within a day! Please can you sort this [Censored] out!
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rule mod:end
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer No Show - TWICE

If you followed the correct migration procedure Sky should not close your account until they get notification from the BT engineers that your service has been taken over by another supplier. I hope you didn't give them notice saying when you were leaving!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
manwar51

Sky knew i was leaving today and had the date therefore they cut me of so can someone like link:censored book me a new engineer appointment asap morning though! Your gonna have to fast track this as it's twice they havnt showed plus I've been cut off by my old provider!!
adie:red avoidance of swear filter removed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Engineering appointments are always at risk of being cancelled if only for the reason that some event like the recent storms means all resources have to be diverted to fixing faults which do (and should) take precedence over installations or changing over service provision. Giving Sky a definite date for your service to be terminated was a big mistake and is not the way the process defined by OFCOM should work.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not knowing exactly what happened here I can't comment specifically, but as a general observation I've seen many people "trust" these "estimated" installation dates and give notice to the old supplier in order to avoid an overlap period where you're paying twice.
Not the wisest thing to do, even in these financially challenging times, if you're heavily dependant on the service.  Sad
Perfectly fine if the risk of a few days without service isn't a problem.  Cool
Personally I try to factor in the cost of the "safety overlap" into any financial calculations of moving and assume the worst when estimating savings/costs.