cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not getting to my inbox? HELP!

jim306
Grafter

Emails not getting to my inbox? HELP!

Just tried sending an email from my hotmail to my plusnet email address and it failed. What could be the problem?
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Emails not getting to my inbox?

Are you on the Postini trial?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Sandro
Grafter

A very similar problem is happening to me over last several days.
All emails sent to me via yahoo.co.uk seem misteriously disappear ...
More than that, while trying to use my yahoo mail, the yahoo  site doesn't want to send my replies, refers to internet provider and stating the following (I quote):
-----------------Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.
Yahoo!
Unfortunately we are unable to process your request at this time. This error is usually temporary. Please try again later.
If you continue to experience this error, it may be caused by one of the following:
    * You may want to scan your system for spyware and viruses, as they may interfere with your ability to connect to Yahoo!. For detailed information on spyware and virus protection, please visit the Yahoo! Security Center.
    * This problem may be due to unusual network activity coming from your Internet Service Provider. We recommend that you report this problem to them.
While this error is usually temporary, if it continues and the above solutions don't resolve your problem, please let us know.
Return to Yahoo!<end of the quote>
-------------------------------------
So, I am letting you know...  Undecided
No need to say I have anything like spyware or virus.  ------ "This problem may be due to unusual network activity coming from your Internet Service Provider. We recommend that you report this problem to them."
Yadda
Grafter

I also seem to be having problems with my Plusnet email.
I recently purchased a new printer on Ebuyer and registered with them using my Plusnet email account. The printer has arrived but I received no emails from Ebuyer confirming the order etc.
After reading the above posts I'm wondering if some were sent but have fallen into a hole.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The Postini problem I'm referring to is something that has started happening this evening - emails disappearing from before today is something else entirely. Have you checked your spam folders?
Yadda
Grafter

I don't see a spam folder, the available folders I see are Inbox, Drafts, Sent & Trash.
Edit: after posting yesterday, I sent a test email to my Plusnet email address from my Yahoo email account. It appeared to have been sent ok but has still not arrived in the Plusnet account's Inbox.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have you got the setting on the Spam tab within Email Settings/Manage My Mail on the portal set to Move it to my Spam folder?
If so in webmail in the Folders option from the top of the right hand panel is INBOX.spam in the list at the bottom right with a subscribe button underneath? If so select it and click subscribe - you will then need to refresh folder list or Check Mail for it to appear on the left. If there is no spam folder listed in the folders option it means you have not received any spam.
jim306
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Are you on the Postini trial?

not that im aware, ive been with plusnet for nearly a year but havent used my plusnet email much before.
Can anyone from plusnet tell me what the problem is?
Yadda
Grafter

Jelv, yes I have spam protection enabled in the portal, it is set to move spam to a spam folder. I don't have a spam folder showing on my webmail so I guess I haven't received any spam on this account (yet).
So, it appears the missing emails aren't being filed as spam, I wonder where they could be?
(Jim, apologies for hijacking your thread. I initailly posted here because I thought we could both be experiencing the same issue.)
jim306
Grafter

yeh it does sound like a similar issue, i have had an email from paypal go missing and 3 ive tried to send from my hotmail address to my plusnet inbox. 2 of the emails i sent from hotmail sent a delivery failure report back to my hotmail so something is definately wrong.