cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails connected to what I search for?

thumbs

Emails connected to what I search for?

Hello, I'm getting emails which coincidentally match some of the browsing on the internet. For instance, today at 16.10 I talked about weight on a thread, at 17.10 I have an email advertising a weight-loss product? Simply coincidence? That is the first weight-related one I've had. Is Phorm definitely not being used?
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Emails connected to what I search for?

definitely not Phorm.  but Google very quickly get this forum onto their search data base.  Nobody should be able to guess your e-mail.  But it does happen - somebody hacked the PN address database in 2007
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Emails connected to what I search for?

Quote from: thumbs
Hello, I'm getting emails which coincidentally match some of the browsing on the internet. For instance, today at 16.10 I talked about weight on a thread, at 17.10 I have an email advertising a weight-loss product? Simply coincidence? That is the first weight-related one I've had.

I'm quite confident that this will be nothing short of coincidence. Having said that, you haven't posting your email address on any forums have you? (or anywhere else that's publically viewable for that matter).
Is Phorm definitely not being used?

Definitely not.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵