cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

Eebuygum
Grafter

Email

Can't get to my Email, keep getting a box appearing asking me for a 'network' password ?Huh
Anyone know whats going on ?
Mike
7 REPLIES 7
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Email

What email client are you using?
Denzil
Grafter

If you are using Outlook Express, try going to Tools, Accounts, and look for a setting called something like "Connect using secure password authentication". Make sure that is not ticked.
Eebuygum
Grafter

Using Outlook , which was working perfectly last night and for the last 'n' months.  I seem to recall this problem happening many months ago with lot of comments  from other folk and it was something at the PlusNet end. Not saying that is the case now, but nothing has been changed at my end 'overnight'.
To Denzil, thanks..it is and always has been 'unticked'.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Can you access the same mailbox via webmail? If yes, then the problem is with your outlook client or something on your PC. Have you tried without any software firewall running or Anti-virus / anti-spam software running?
If webmail works, try re-entering all the POP3 details into outlook. If webmail does not work and you are sure you are using the correct details (you have not changed your password recently?) then it's best to raise a ticket and get PN to investigate.
Eebuygum
Grafter

The problem has magically disappeared !!!!
Thanks All
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Was this a new mailbox? If so it can take several hours (up to 4 I think) to be fully activated. This may have been your problem.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Peter, that used to be the case, but since Manage My Mail was totally revamped I've found it is nearly always just minutes.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)