cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to iPad

Rogerathome

Email to iPad

I have a domain which was with madasafish and my wife uses it as her email do mail. She can download mail to he iPad but can’t create any folders to save mail in. Plus net tech help weren’t much help. Just told me to use webmail.

3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Email to iPad

@Rogerathome,

We wouldn't really support a third party device like an iPad which is probably why the supprt line weren't as helpful as you'd hoped.

If you have your mail setup on the iPad as IMAP then any folders that you have setup on Webmail will copy across to the device.

If you have mail set to be delivered via POP3 then the folders can be set manually on the iPad and mail moved manually to those folders. If you have an iPhone and an iPad collecting the same mail I'd imagine this should copy across any folders, though to be honest I'm not sure. 

Rogerathome

Thanks Jolo, I’ll give it a try next year. All the best, R.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

For multi device (including webmail) access to the same mailbox, all devices should be configured as IMAP - doing anything else simply leads to confusion.

On iDevices, you also need to go to the ADVANCE tab in the mail account settings and make it use FOLDER ON SERVER for each of the Sent, Draft and Trash folders.

Creating new "folders" on iDevices is not exactly obvious - I only found out how to do it seeking an answer to this request!!  It does not help that the email application refers to a "folder" as a "mailbox".

Go to the Mailboxes list page within the mail app - > Click EDIT -> Click New Mailbox -> Give it a name (folder name) then under MAILBOX LOCATION select the mailbox in which you want the folder created -> click SAVE

You might need to reload other open email programs (e.g. webmail) to see the new folder.  [I had to restart Outlook to see the folder I created on the iPhone.]

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.