cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email regarding price hikes effective 1st September.

skinnycow

Email regarding price hikes effective 1st September.

Hello,

I had received an email from Plusnet regarding the price hikes that shall be effective from 1st September and was given the option to leave Plusnet without having to pay for the early termination charges if I contacted them within 30 days (of receiving this email). I'm actually pretty fed-up with Plusnet and decided to ring them to inform them that I wanted to leave and they put me on hold... they came back and said that the price hikes will not be detrimental to me because I'm on the Line Rental Saver and would therefore NOT be able to leave. Is this true?Huh

I'm hoping someone will be able to clarify on this.

Thank you in advance Smiley

N

3 REPLIES 3
skinnycow

Re: Email regarding price hikes effective 1st September.

Just to be clear I had paid already £192.87 upfont costs for the Line Rental Saver (unlimited broadband and phone) for 12 months.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

So you have paid a year in advance therefore if you leave before the end of that year you will be giving the money away - it would not be refunded. Sounds like the person you spoke to has done you a big favour!

skinnycow

Mumstrum,

Thank you for your reply but no I don't think that they have done me a favour as I have since moved away from that property. When I had received that email from them I already knew that I was going to move soon due to unforeseen circumstances and I wanted to take that opportunity to leave so that I wouldn't have to pay the early termination charges.

I have since moved and have lost out on several months worth of PAID internet broadband plus I have had to pay for the early termination charges AND cancellation fees. So it actually turned out to be more expensive for me Sad

Also when they calculated my termination charges, I had spoken to 2 advisers and they both gave me DIFFERENT termination charges! So to the people that have to leave before the minimum term ends, do NOT trust them on how they calculate it! Ring back! I wasn't happy and asked to pay the lower termination/cancellation charge. Thay are just trying to get as much money out of you as possible!

N

N