cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

thumbs

Email problems

Hello,
I'm having emails on gmail and hotmail not sending and as its two different people I'm figuring plus.net could be the problem.
So can I ask if there is a problem? You see currently it is vital I am sending and receiving my emails. The first problem seemed to be two or three weeks ago incidentally.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Email problems

Hi Thumbs,
Are you saying that you're unable to send email on your gmail and hotmail accounts?  If so, it's extremely unlikely to be anything to do with us.
Is this using a mail client or is it when you are using their web based services?
thumbs

web-based services. It will send some emails but two recent emails have come back.
Here we go:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    638.plymouth@adecco.co.uk
Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 Relaying not permitted (3.7): 638.plymouth@adecco.co.uk
I'm also finding little things like submitting something on the NHS website and its timing out.
I don't know if this is Plus or just simply these sites. I don't recall so many problems with my former ISP of BT.
thehatman
Grafter

To be fair to Plusnet, sending from GMail or Hotmail is nothing to do with the ISP you are with.
It is more likely that the address you are sending to is faulty in some way.
thumbs

thats what I intially thought, I didn't think it mattered at all what isp but then when it happens a few times and when the person the other end is insisting their email is fine..you're wondering. Plus this 505 error I've just recently seen has been a problem with plus.