cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited title: PN - THANK YOU for reading my post! Reputation restored!

offbeatdave
Grafter

Edited title: PN - THANK YOU for reading my post! Reputation restored!

12:30pm 24th September - Title edited to reflect superb response from this forum.
Without wanting to sound like a grumpy git, I am at the end of my tether with PN customer support and if there is no action before I return home from work today then it'll be a call for a MAC. I am extremely disappointed with the support received.  
Basically I have had no human response for ages to  ticket 60101036. To cut a long story short, when it went to ADSL2+, the equipment on my line caused multiple resets of the connection and messed up the connection (SNR etc). All I want now is for the line to be reset,  so I can start again now the equipment and line are rock solid. The only 4 resets since 6am Friday were caused by me fiddling with a IP assignment on the router and interleaving being turned on.
There has been no human response to the fault ticket since it was posted on Thursday (having wasted time on a previous ticket with another department), the guy on the phone on Sunday was nice enough but, on reflection, didn't really help and basically I expected better. I have essentially found the problem and fixed the problem, keeping them informed all the way but no-one is listening.
I'm really sad to say it, but if there is no satisfactory response awaiting on my return home this evening then that will be the final straw and it'll be a phone call to the leaving department. It really isn't acceptable from a company with a four star rating for "value for money", "connection reliability", "customer service" and "technical support" and been named as a Which? Recommended Provider.
I await an immediate PN response with the last dregs of hope that I can muster!
49 REPLIES 49
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: PN - PLEASE read and rest my line today (or I'm afraid I'm off - sorry)

Seen your post, and the one over on thinkbb.  Got someone having a look at it now.   
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
offbeatdave
Grafter

THANK YOU so much. I really do appreciate this. Thank you!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've replied to your ticket and the post on TBB.
I'm sorry you've not had this request actioned until now and urge you to let me know (via this post or the one on TBB) if you need any further support with this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
offbeatdave
Grafter

Thank you so much once again.
I appreciate that not everything can be actioned immediately but it was the lack of any human acknowledgement which was surprising as much as anything and eventually, as you read, made me quite irate!  Your efforts this morning, whatever the outcome, have gone a huge way in restoring my confidence in PN Customer Service so thank you once again.
If there is any further support needed I shall return to these parts (which I didn't know existed until last night actually - hence the TBB post!).
offbeatdave
Grafter

Re: Edited title: PN - THANK YOU for reading my post! Reputation restored!

Hi there,
Just a quick question - when the SNR reset happens, will the Router reboot itself/re-sync itself or will I need to do this manually myself to see any changes. Also, will there be any notification that it has happened?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem Smiley
The reset (which can take up to 24 hours to complete) should trigger a resynch, that in turn should then cause our suppliers equipment to generate a new line report and that should hopefully lead to some improvement for you, there wouldn't be any notification visible to yourself though.
Do let me know if there's any issues tomorrow and I'll be back to make sure we get you sorted.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
offbeatdave
Grafter

Hi there Adam,
Sorry for another question - is there a way of telling if the SNR reset has taken place yet? I don't think it has as the WAN has been up continually for around 32 hours but I just wanted to make sure!
Thanks for all your help and information so far!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It appears to have gone through from what I can tell. I can see a disconnection logged at 12:30 but I guess that may have been yourself rebooting the router?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
offbeatdave
Grafter

Hi Adam,
The router itself has not been rebooted for over 2 days, but I have been checking remotely from work and it still seems to suggest that the WAN has been up for a day and a half (with the Noise margins etc unchanged from their pre-reset levels). HOWEVER, this could be tricking me if your systems are suggesting there has been a disconnection today so I will have a look via a direct connection  when I get home shortly!
The stats I'm getting remotely are:
System Up Time 2 days 23:40:24
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 336022 493139 0 335 4461 1 day 12:15:32
LAN 100M/Full 52624 36968 0 204 67 2 days 23:40:04
WLAN 54M 2930068 2014693 0 12862 792 2 days 23:40:24
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 6654 kbps 440 kbps
Line Attenuation 26.0 db 10.0 db
Noise Margin 17.20 db 34.0 db
This may not be updating correctly though as I'm accessing it remotely at present.
offbeatdave
Grafter

Hi again,
Well I have logged directly onto the router now I am at home and it doesn't appear to have experienced any sort of reset/drop in connection at all.
Shall I give it a reboot?
System Up Time 3 days 00:20:19
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 339544 496812 0 335 4394 1 day 12:55:27
LAN 100M/Full 52624 36968 0 202 66 3 days 00:19:59
WLAN 54M 2935518 2020065 0 12753 788 3 days 00:20:19
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 6654 kbps 440 kbps
Line Attenuation 26.0 db 10.0 db
Noise Margin 17.30 db 34.0 db
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes, give it a reboot. What is it you were hoping to happen as a result of the reset?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Hiya - Your line is banded.
I'll get one of the faults lads to reset it again for you.
offbeatdave
Grafter

About to reboot. I was hoping that the SNR/Noise Margin figure would reset to it's initial level rather than remain at the high levels they've ended up at due to the frequent disconnections. (The upstream Noise Margin was as low as 7db at one point) Here goes...
offbeatdave
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hiya - Your line is banded.
I'll get one of the faults lads to reset it again for you.

Oh, didn't read this before posting last post! reboot did nothing. Any idea of a timescale for this and whether I need to do anything at this end?