cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early broadband activation

Zekemoore
Grafter

Early broadband activation

I was wondering if there is anyway you could activate my internet early, have a solid green light on broadband on my router . Would really appreciate it if this is possible, thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Early broadband activation

Hi Zekemoore,
Welcome to the forums and to Plusnet.
I've just taken a look into the ordering system and can see that the supplier still has the order open instead of complete and isn't due to complete until Monday  which could mean that there is still some work due on the back end in order for the connection to work fully. While this is rare, we would need to check that you're happy for us to activate the account for you before these are closed off and inform you that the billing will begin from today.
If you're happy with this then we can certainly force the account active however it will mean that your billing date will be set to the 18th of each month.
Zekemoore
Grafter

Yes  please
Thanks for the reply  Cool
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Welcome to the forums Zekemoore,
I was wondering if there is anyway you could activate my internet early, have a solid green light on broadband on my router . Would really appreciate it if this is possible, thanks.
I preferred your Shakespeare version Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Zekemoore
Grafter

Thank you Mister,  I don't think the support team liked it too much  Roll_eyes
Zekemoore
Grafter

Quote from: Adam
Hi Zekemoore,
Welcome to the forums and to Plusnet.
I've just taken a look into the ordering system and can see that the supplier still has the order open instead of complete and isn't due to complete until Monday  which could mean that there is still some work due on the back end in order for the connection to work fully. While this is rare, we would need to check that you're happy for us to activate the account for you before these are closed off and inform you that the billing will begin from today.
If you're happy with this then we can certainly force the account active however it will mean that your billing date will be set to the 18th of each month.

Am I online yet?  Internet and broadband light on my router are not lit up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Hang on
In your first post you said the broadband light was green and now you say it isn't
If it isn't then there is nothing Plusnet can do to make it work
Zekemoore
Grafter

Plusnet is turning out to be a nightmare. 
I wonder if Virgin media will take me on.  I've been faithful for two months without Internet. 
jim:quote
Zekemoore
Grafter

Router not showing be or Internet light

No idea what is going on,  would like to get connected asap.  Two months - no Internet.  please help. 
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Post merged in
I refer you to the post by Adam #1
I've just taken a look into the ordering system and can see that the supplier still has the order open instead of complete and isn't due to complete until Monday
Zekemoore
Grafter

Quote from: Adam

I agreed. 
Oldjim
Resting Legend

But if the broadband light isn't green then BT haven't finished and it won't do any good activating the account. Even if it has already been done you still won't have internet access because the BT part isn't completed
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again Zekemoore,
Apologies for the delay in response however it seems there's a little confusion surrounding your router being in synchronisation with the exchange equipment. As Jim points out, if the work hasn't been completed and the green light isn't on, activating the account would serve no purpose other than to start your billing which would mean that you would be paying from today and the service wouldn't be live until Monday.
Can you confirm that the broadband light is solid green?
Zekemoore
Grafter

Hi

I now have no green Internet light,  however I did earlier. 
Will it take another two months for plusnet to reach the next conclusion. 
Thanks
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Zekemoore,
I'm sorry to see that you feel this way regarding the delays you've seen, I believe MattyC is in the process of updating your thread in the Feedback forum regarding this so you should have details on the delays shortly.
As for the activation of the account, the internet light would indicate that you're actually connected to the internet however your account isn't currently active which would mean that the correct components aren't in place or active in order to allow this. If the broadband light is solid green then we could definitely activate the account to allow access to the broadband service however it doesn't sounds as though this is the case.
Once the order completes on Monday the order will be closed by the supplier which will then activate the account for you. In the meantime, if you do see the broadband light turn solid green before this happens, just let us know and we'll activate the account manually for you.