Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early activation

FIXED
Koloth
Hooked

Early activation

I'm probably pushing my luck LOL.

My broadband activation is due on 8th April.
Anyhow I got my broadband router today and set it up.
I'm getting a solid green light on my broadband signal light but a red light on the Internet signal.  I've heard this means the broadband is successfully connected to the exchange and Plus net just needs to switch the internet on.  I asked support on the web chat if this was possible but they said I will have to wait until 8th April Smiley.  If theres any support guys with a different opinion out there that can activate it early then please be my guest Smiley

8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Early activation

Hi there, a warm welcome to the community forums. Smiley

I've checked your order and I can see this is still in progress and we won't be able to speed this up I'm afraid. It's committed for the 7th April though, so it should complete and your account activate at any point up to midnight on Friday.

Apologies for any disappointment.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Koloth
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for checking for me.
That's fine.  I signed up to Plus net on Saturday 2nd April in the evening, my landline was activated working on Monday 4th April in the morning when I woke up.  Not disappointed at all, assuming this happens on Saturday this will be the fastest time I have ever had broadband connected in my life  Smiley (I have lived in many places in UK and Australia).

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems, let us know how things go tomorrow. Grin
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Koloth
Hooked

Thanks.  Not getting a connection as of yet.  Though saw a Open reach engineer working on a green box a couple of streets away 2 hours ago.  Perhaps his on to it Grin.

Koloth
Hooked

Didn't go to plan.  No connection today. Support say it's been done but stuck on supplier systems whatever that means.  Hopefully soon Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

I've checked the order and I can see it's still committed for yesterday so it does appear to be stuck in the system.

I've contacted our suppliers and I've been advised the order completed with Openreach just after midnight but failed to automatically complete with BT Wholesale which should be done within the next 2 working days.

Having said this, the work appears to have been completed, so I've activated your account on our side.

You'll receive notification of this shortly by email/text. If you're not able to get online tonight, it's probably best to wait for the order to fully complete with BTW. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Let us know how you get on.

+Edit+

Just a follow up, I'm seeing connection attempts from your router now so that's good news, but it appears the password it's trying to connect with is incorrect. I'd advise to go to http://192.168.1.254 and complete a router setup using yourusername@plusdsl.net and your account password.

Koloth
Hooked

Yes.  It's all connected now, once I put in correct password after you activated.

Top job Anoush and the rest of the team!

7 days to get landline and broadband, fastest I have had that happen.  Well done.

Thank you very much.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesomeness, that's good to hear. No problems. Grin

If there's ever anything else I can help with just let me know.