cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early activation - auto detect at plusnet end

mwarby
Grafter

Early activation - auto detect at plusnet end

If I recall correctly in the arly days of plusnet there was an automated system for detecting early activations, which relied upon plusnet detecting auth attempts. The idea seemed to be setup the router wait for sync leave for an hour and reboot. Is this system still in place ? If not any magic words to tell support staff (I've done it before, but there is normally a reluctance)
My broadbands not due until tuesday next week BTW, so no need to check my account yet!
Thanks
Martin
16 REPLIES 16
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Early activation - auto detect at plusnet end

Hi mwarby,
At present, the activation of an account relies on what's known as a KCI, this is a report from our supplier that indicates an order has been completed which then allows the automated system to carry out the necessary work on an account such as pushing it active.
If for any reason your line is activated and we don't get the KCI through to activate your account, you should be able to give our support team a quick call to get this activated for you. Alternatively, if this is between 9am and 4pm (to allow a buffer if we're busy) then you could post in the forums to have this picked up before 5:30pm.
mwarby
Grafter

Hi
Just got modem today (apologies the do not touch before activation date label mysteriously fell off!)
Anyway the line syncs and bt_test_user@plusdsl.net connects just fine, so it would appear everything is ready apart from account. If you could activate martinwarby that would be great
I appreciate that you are unable to raise faults with BT or give much support until the activation date, I also appreciate I will be charged from today and not the activation date
Thanks
Martin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Martin,
I'd just fire it up and see if it works.  The worse than you'll need to do is to do a factory reset on the router.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mwarby
Grafter

It's fired up and waiting, it's synced but not connected.
The reason being that plusnet don't mark the account in their database so authentication fails. This is basically because BT Wholesale haven't marked it as complete.
Martin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Martin,
You never know when these things happen.  The automated process might kick this into life just after midnight.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Or phone up just after midnight if not and they may activate it for you then. Don't do what I did and ring in just before midnight, so my billing date was a day earlier than it could have been  Grin
mwarby
Grafter

it's not due until next tuesday,so unlikely to spring to life automatically, but hopefully one of the plusnet staff will pick this up tomorrow
Martin
mwarby
Grafter

Is this likely to be picked up today, or do i need to raise a ticket \ call support ?
Thanks
Martin
Anotherone
Champion

I wouldn't waste your time raising a ticket as Plusnet are upto their necks with a backlog of tickets and by the time it got answered the automated systems will probably have done the job. I haven't looked at what the call wait times are atm, but they won't be short. As I suggested last night, I'd ring up just after midnight if it isn't seen here today. They have staff on holiday and a lot of stuff to get through, so who knows.
mwarby
Grafter

If I wait for the automated systems I'll be waiting until next week I expect (BT Wholesale are unlikley to marked an order complete 5 days before comit date). I was hoping mu post would nudge this to plusnets attention as Adam seemed happy enough to flick the switch as plusnets end
Martin
Anotherone
Champion

Adam's not in today AFAIK, one of the other's may see it.
LukeS
Grafter

I will activate the account if you wish, but you will start paying from today...
mwarby
Grafter

Thats fine I appreciate this as well as the other risks I mentioned in post 3
Thanks for your help
Martin
mwarby
Grafter

not seeing anything in 'my questions' or on here to suggest this has been actioned. To confirm I am happy to pay from toady. It would be nice if my account was active when I get home Smiley
Martin