Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early activation? Help please !

Rachaelsmith82
Dabbler

Early activation? Help please !

Hi,
I ordered broadband and line rental from plus net a couple of weeks ago and was told on the phone I would have phone working by Monday just gone and broadband by today . I then received text messages a couple of days ago saying my phone was active but broadband would be activated 7/12. I phoned plusnet to advise I had been told it would be Friday latest and I had received router and all the lightts are green apart from internet, but was told nothing could be done until 7/12 .
I have read other posts on here who have had broadband activated early, that all it means is that there is no support for those few days . Is there any way mine could be activated early? As I am really struggling without it !
many thanks in advance
Rachael
11 REPLIES 11
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Early activation? Help please !

Plusnet can activate your line early if you call in and ask them to but if they do this charging will start immediately even though the service might not work. After the work in the exchange is done - which gives you sync - BT have to do some backend work to route your connection from the exchange to Plusnet's door. This is sometimes done a few hours after the exchange work but can take longer.
It's up to you whether you want to take the risk of being charged for something that doesn't work.
David
David
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

If I was you, I would leave it until tomorrow and if the internet light hasn't come on by then, give Plusnet a call.
I hope that helps.
WelshPaul
Grafter

The internet light will not come on until Plusnet activate your account, the reason why it does not come on is because the router is failing authentication with regards to the Plusnet login credentials. If your ADSL light is a solid green and your line stats look ok which you can see after logging in to the router then the physical connection is complete at the exchange.
You would be better off loging in to your plus.net account online and submiting a support ticket asking them to activate you early. When i did this i was activated in under 2 hours.
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Rachaelsmith82,
If the broadband light on your router goes solid green then we can try to activate it early for you. Give us a shout if you want us to do that.
Jojo Smiley
Rachaelsmith82
Dabbler

Hi Joanne,
yes the light is solid green on the router, it has been solid green for a while now, if you could activate it early it would absolutely brilliant!!
thanks in advance!

Thanks guys for all the replies
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Rachaelsmith82,
The account should be active now, let us know how you get on.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rachaelsmith82
Dabbler

Hello Adam.
The Internet light is still off on the router.  When I try to sign in I get the "Authentication failed" message.  Is there anything else I can try?
thanks for your time.
R
Rachaelsmith82
Dabbler

Hello again.
Just to let you know I reset the router and everything seems to be up and running!  Thanks for all your help.
Rachael
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great news, thanks for letting us know - if there's anything at all we can help with please drop back and pop a post in.
MrUdagawa

Hey all, bumping up this old topic because I am in the same boat. My broadband light is active and I tried to log in with username and password and got a BT error screen.
A 'Live Chat' on the Plusnet website gave the advice that I needed to wait for line to be activated but that seems to conflict with advice on here which states if there's a solid broadband light activation can be pushed forward?
Any advice? Have had to wait over a month without broadband due to the phone line activation being delayed.
Thank you
robin81

Hi mate, my broadband mighty is also a solid green could you try early activation for myself please?