cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Xmas activation Present

acarter87

Early Xmas activation Present

So my activation date is Christmas Day. Hoping it will be so I can Skype my family without having to use my useless orange dongle!!
I know BT's work is done as the engineer came back to check all the lines after the exchange work had been done.....any chance of an early activation please PN?Huh
10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Early Xmas activation Present

The PlusNet staff who monitor this forum don't work weekends I'm afraid.
Is the broadband light on steady on your router ? if so you could try calling the CSC and letting them know you have 'synch' and ask them to activate your account early.
It usually works but BT may not have completed all the work and so your account may not work until the scheduled activation date but you would treated as having activate the account immediately.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

acarter87

Thanks for your help
Anthony
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

welcome to the forums acarter87 Smiley
did you manage to get activated ok?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
acarter87

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome.
Unfortunately no activation yesterday, spoke to them but it couldn't be done. There is a small chance it may be done today but no guarantees.
Anthony
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The physical work can often have completed before the order shows as complete so just let me know if the broadband light goes steady and we can then activate the account for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
acarter87

Broadband light is steady.......oh and as if by the magic of Christmas while I'm typing I get an email and I'm up and running. All activated and online. Thankyou plusnet!!
Anthony
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Happy Christmas!!!  Smiley Smiley
[Edit] Sorry, I forgot I was using my 'seasonal' avatar, meant to say 'Humbug!!'  Wink (Joking of course)  Lips_are_sealed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem,
BTW did you tell us that the broadband light was solid green when you called? if so we really should have activated the account there and then.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
acarter87

To be fair i didn't think I did. I wrote a ticket as I didn't want to wait on hold. It's not a problem, what difference does a day make eh!
Merry Xmas all
Anthony
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Great result....happy Christmas.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine