Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Activation?

Amos91
Dabbler

Early Activation?

Hello there,
Received my router today and have the broadband activation date set as 3/8/2013.
Plugging in the router shows a solid broadband light and a red internet light.
Does this mean that Plusnet can try and switch it on early, and if so please could you please activate it?
Cheers,
Oliver
5 REPLIES 5
RickK
Grafter

Re: Early Activation?

Hi Amos,
It depends on whether you are currently with a different provider or not and whether they have ceased the service their end.
If you don't have any previous connections in place, then generally a engineer visit is required.
Your best bet would be is to phone them. I got told the 3rd of August too, but when I lost internet with my previous ISP and I called up, they did it there and then on the phone.
Regards,
Rick
Amos91
Dabbler

Hi Rick,
Brand new line for this property so fingers crossed!
Cheers.
EDIT: Could a Plusnet staff member look into it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there and welcome aboard Amos91,
I've just activated your account. It sounds like broadband has been activated ahead of the projected completion date for your order, this just means that we've had to activate the account manually and if there's any issues we wouldn't be able to raise a fault with our suppliers until the order officially completes.
Give it a try now and let us know how things go.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Amos91
Dabbler

Cheers Adam, all working perfectly.
Hopefully get the snr down a bit and fastpath enabled to get the most out of it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, I hope that continues working well for you, not sure why you'd want to change anything if it's working perfectly though? Smiley
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team