cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Activation

leight
Grafter

Early Activation

I've read elsewhere on the plusnet forums that it is possible to activate a broadband connection early if BT have done their bit.
I'm due for activation by the end of 23/03, but after being without internet for a month (waiting for BT to sort out the phone line side of things) I'm keen to get it activated as soon as possible.
I've been monitoring the line daily for the past week.
At the start of the week the router was unable to sync with the exchange at all, however as of yesterday it began to sync (I had upstream/downstream speeds - albeit slightly disappointing downstream around 9500) but according to the router system log it was failing to authenticate with the endpoint. Equivalent to "internet light" going from flashing to solid, but invalid username/password. I assume this is because my account is not yet active at the plusnet side.
I did call phone support last night around 18:30, but I don't think I was able to articulate myself well enough on the phone, and the lady was unable to help me because "my line wasn't active yet".
I'd appreciate it if someone from the community team could take a look and push through the activation a couple of days early if possible.
Cheers,
Leigh.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Early Activation

Hi there,
I've just activated the account for you. The only potential upshot is that we wouldn't be able to deal with any faults with the service until the official activation date of the 22nd, fingers crossed it will be fine as we don't want that! Smiley
Any issues just let me know.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
leight
Grafter

Cheers Adam,
Will update when I get home from work if there are any issues.
leight
Grafter

Just taked this missus through setting up the router over the phone (most difficult thing so far!)
Everything is working. Thank you so much!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No problems at all!
Please do let us know if there is anything further we can help with Smiley