cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Activation please?

marcmcgregor117

Early Activation please?

Hi there,

I have recieved my plusnet router in the post today and was wondering if my broadband could be activated early? I ordered the broadband package over three weeks ago on the 18th April and it's due to be activated on the 5th July. I  was hoping if it could be activated ahead of time?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Crucial

Re: Early Activation please?

I am a new user with PLUSNET and my experience with them is far than satisfactory. I received my Router a couple of days back as promised and my telephone line (with my existing Number)  and broadband was supposed to have been activated seamlessly today. But to my utter disappointment and frustration, my telephone line was not operational. In spite of my request to PLUSNET that my telephone line with my existing Number must be activated when the switch over happens, I was left with no phone line. When I rang them , the Support tr=technician went through the exercise of asking me to unscrew the Main Phone Box to plug in my phone and said it was a faulty Faceplate that I have to replace at my cost as PLUSNET have done all the test on their equipment. He insisted that I shall have to pay £65 for an engineer to visit the site. He aslo said I will be without a land line for 2 days . I told him that over the last 12 years with my previous Provider, there was no problem with my phone line and that the problem of no dial tone and dead line is due to the switch over from my previous provider to PLUSNET  and that they should address the issue and resolve it asap.. Neither he nor his Line Manager would accept that. Neither the Support technician nor the Line Manager did check the Call log to see the reason was because they have not activated my line. After nearly 4 hours of discussion with PLUSNET, I had to ask one of the technician to ring me on my land line number they have on their system only to find out that the number was not active. Surely this should have been addressed by their Help DESK which clearly did not happen. I was then passed on PLUSNET's Provision Team and a helpful gentleman acknowledged that the activation will take a maximum of 24 Hours and that this should have been addressed by PLUSNET as my request was already in their call log. I haste to add that new users should be aware of this and ensure their requests are logged on their system. I ONLY hope my bad experience with them so far will not get worse with my broadband connection. I have read some good report about their customer services but experience with them at this very initial stage is  diabolical.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@marcmcgregor117 Hi there. I've checked your order and as it's due to complete tomorrow I'm afraid we can't speed this up

@Crucial Sorry to hear about the experience you've had. I've ensured feedback has been passed on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
marcmcgregor117

Does this mean the broadband should work tomorrow at midnight?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The orders can complete at any point up till midnight.

As soon as it's done we'll get your account activated

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team