Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMail bounce

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

EMail bounce

I sent a mail from a domain hosted elsewhere but from Plus nets outgoing mail server and got a bounce. Not much info
any idea why this might be.
The following message to <xxxxxx@houserevolution.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Your message was not delivered for policy reasons
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: EMail bounce

Basically the address isn't valid on the houserevolution.com mailserver, double check the spelling of the address and retry to send it. If that fails you may need to contact them in a different way to check what the address should be.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
itsme
Grafter

You can use http://www.find-ip-address.org/email-lookup.php to check the address, scroll down to the blue boxes near the bottom of the page.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

all details (except e-mail which is a form) on site
A revolution in estate agent service
Our service standards are very high and we aim to meet or exceed your expectations what ever way you wish to you contact us.
Call us
Our team is on hand with help, tips, advice and general reassurance Monday to Friday 9 til 5 and 9 til 5 on Saturday.
Call us on 0845 017 6060
Chat to us
Need a quick answer to a quick question? Then please use our chat service. Instant and online, just type the question and a real person will give you the answer.
Write to us
Good old Snail mail, eh! Our head office is in sunny Norfolk:
House Revolution Ltd
56a Thorpe Road
Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1RY
Send us a Fax
01603 619085
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Strange, I forwarded my mail to this guy I know who works there and used the same address - I know I didnt mistype it as it is in my contacts. The  one from my plusnet account got through (  I know because he has replied).
It must have been something to do with me sending the original from my address associated with a different domain hosted elsewhere. This is not normally a problem
Anyway - I got a bounce which is not great but better than getting nothing back and I was able to get through to him eventually.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Deleted - irrelevant.