Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail client

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: E-mail client

Quote from: Paula
out of interest, have any of you found that our filters are labelling legitimate mail as Spam? We'd really like to know about it if so as this is something that we're taking very seriously every step of the way.

Yep, got one on Monday - I've moved it to another folder waiting for the webmail button to report it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Paula
out of interest, have any of you found that our filters are labelling legitimate mail as Spam? We'd really like to know about it if so as this is something that we're taking very seriously every step of the way.

Actually, never.
I run a secondary SpamAssassin mailfilter for my PN account.  First, anything tagged as [-SPAM-] by Plusnet gets dropped into a seperate box.  Then everything else runs through SpamAssassin with Pyzor/Razor and DCC.
I probably get two or three SPAM emails per day which slip through both nets, which is highly manageable.
Obviously I have no idea how PN's SpamAssassin setup is configured, but I certainly found having DCC and Razor running dropped my spam levels down a helluva lot.  Perhaps running a DCC mirror locally would have a similar affect?
Not wating to teach your networks guys to suck eggs, but http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/ is a great link to start at Wink
Bandwidth usage for a distributed server are relatively small.  However, the ability to adapt very quickly to a "spam attack" of similar spam is unparallelled.
oh, and I'd appreciate having a geographically-closer DCC server to check my inbound mail against, ofc Wink
Barry
Barry
Not applicable

Back to Andie's original comment about the appearance of Squirrelmail.  I am getting to like this more and more - I have recently gone into Display Options and changed the background colour and text with the result that it is much clearer and easier to read.  Also, now that I have renamed the default mailbox it is spam-free, although I had previously set the spam filter to delete spam and found this to be a good option for me.  If you haven't already tried this Andie, perhaps you could give it a go?
Look forward to the spam/notspam buttons but hopefully I won't need them.
Christo

When first presented with SquirrelMail I wondered what-on-earth PlusNet had done (apart from knowing the reason behind the change from Webmail), but like a few other message posters I've come to love it, and what's more, it's lightning fast to access and use compared to its predecessor.
If there's any problem I have, it's that having checked the SPAM messages (to make certain no genuines have slipped through), when I Toggle All and press Delete, they get dumped into the Trash folder, where I again have to Toggle All and Delete to get rid of them completely.  Isn't there a better/quicker way of doing this? 
As I receive up to 150 messages a day of which about 140+ of them are SPAM (I have a very large website which attracts a lot of SPAM, of all types) any method I can use to reduce the time I spend deleting the messages would be very welcome indeed.
By the way, this is my first ever posting to the PlusNet Community, and it's great to read so many interesting discussions:)
Not applicable

I agree - Squirrelmail has grown on me too, especially with the different display options. With regards to deleting spam, if you go to Folder Options at the top of the page there is the option [Do Not Use Trash]. If you select this the spam will be deleted the first time of selection and will not go into the trash folder.  Only thing is, be sure that there is nothing there that you want.
pdavidson
Grafter

Also, the trash folder should have "(purge)" written next to it once there are some emails in there - you may want to click on "check mail" to force a refresh. Once you've done that you can click on "(purge)" without going into the trash folder and it'll delete all of your trash at once Smiley