cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic DNS

machare
Rising Star

Dynamic DNS

The Plusnet website says that their routers support the changeip.com Dynamic DNS service.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/plusnet-2704n-advanced.shtml
Is this with the ADSL version of the 582n router?  and if so is there a particular firmware version that I need?
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Dynamic DNS

To check if the option is available on your TG582n login to the router. Then go to the Toolbox menu and one of the options will be Dynamic DNS. It will probably say "Disabled" under this.
To configure it click Dynamic DNS then the Configure tab top right. Change the settings as appropriate. Note the Service entry allows you to choose several providers from the drop-down menu, you don't have to use the one displayed.
David
machare
Rising Star

The router is on firmware release 8.8.4.I which does not show changeip.com.
Can I add changeip.com by upgrading to the latest firmware or maybe editing the user.ini file?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Do the options include "custom"? If so can that be used?
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Can't remember if changeip.com is supported, if it's not though, you can choose a custom provider with a bit of tinkering.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

machare
Rising Star

Thanks for the replies.  It appears that the list of DNS providers is in the firmware, and you can't add new ones. However, using the CLI  I have modified one of the existing ones to be more like what I think I need for changeip.com  It will be a little while before I can test what I have done!