cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During the first 10 days of your new service..

simonhiggs
Grafter

During the first 10 days of your new service..

Just been reading the summary for my Unlimited Fibre Broadband order.
Once we've activated your broadband we'll run a number of tests on your line from your telephone exchange. These will cause your speeds to go up and down, plus you might get disconnected a few times. Don't worry, this doesn't mean there's a problem. During this time is where we'll find the best balance between speed and reliability for your line.
You can help the testing process by rebooting your router (switch it off and on again) three or four times over the first 10 days. You'll get better results if you can do this in the morning.

Is this correct for Fibre Broadband? Should it be the router or perhaps the Openreach modem? Having come over from Be and then O2, I've never encountered BT/OR profiling before.
Simon.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: During the first 10 days of your new service..

Hi, that's not really applicable to FTTC so sorry for any confusion.
I assume you saw that on our website rather than an email/SMS from us? Can you point me to it as I want to make sure we're giving a clearer and more accurate message.
Thanks,
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
simonhiggs
Grafter

Re: During the first 10 days of your new service..

Hi Adam,
It was from the order summary page I saved during the online order.
I've just realised that it may be the way Safari displays offline web pages, and originally wasn't displayed!  Embarrassed
Simon.