cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dslchecker result

MatthewBest
Dabbler

Dslchecker result

My phone hasn't worked for about a month (which was annoying in itself).  Now that BT have finally got it going again, my broadband speed is really slow - less than 2Mbps.

As a first step I went to dslchecker.bt.com, as suggested by the Plusnet Youtube video on slow speeds, and I get this result, which basically says Downstream Line Rate 1 and nothing else.  What does this mean?  It sounds bad.

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Dslchecker result

Hi there, first of all apologies that your thread appears to have been missed Sad

It looks like your connection's back up to speed now as I'm testing your router connected at 15 mbps. It can take a few days for your speed to automatically adjust following the resolution of a phone fault.

Unsure as to why your speed estimate is showing as that. I've raised a tags query to our suppliers to investigate this, we should receive an update within the next 3 to 5 working days.

Everything working as expected now though?

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Dslchecker result

I'm just following up with an update, better late than never.

Over the past few weeks, we've been investigating with our suppliers in regards to the issue where DSL checker not showing product availability or speed estimates correctly.

We've been advised that the values are missing and cannot be updated yet because your phone line is testing faulty. To investigate further, I'd recommend giving your phone provider a quick call and ask them to perform a line test.

Let us know how you get on.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet