cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drops and poor line speed

Fletch79
Grafter

Drops and poor line speed

Well I've been away for two weeks, i have been downloading automatically while I've been away ...
I've already raised a phone ticket but putting all the info I have here isn't going to be a bad thing
So I have a (<1 year old) Draytek Vigor 2710n, Did tests with the guy on the phone despite trying to tell him I'd reset my router and tried behind the faceplate before calling ....
I have now swapped onto a few month old Billion BiPac 2800n
My sync speed is still ~6meg but is constantly testing at <1meg
My download speed has dropped from 5-700kb/s to <100kb/s
I was watching the SNR earlier and it was jumping from 5-16 ish
While i was doing the tests i never once got a similar sync speed ... some times being ~6, others ~3
Heres the trend ... the left hand looks like normal connection with a download ongoing, then spikes of red start to appear ... then more red
The large red block was me swapping out the router
then a similar story afterwards
Can get the last set of tests to work when I change my router details on the BTW Performance tester
6 REPLIES 6
Fletch79
Grafter

Re: Drops and poor line speed

Still the same poor connection this morning
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Fletch79,
Sorry to hear it's running slowly. I've looked at your account and updated the fault information to advise you've tested with a different router, the fault is now with our team awaiting testing and will be picked up for you soon. We'll get you an update as soon as we've been able to get the tests done from here.
Fletch79
Grafter

Connection has been stable most of the day .... slow but stable!
Tonight it has been horrendous!!  Now I see the trend I know why!
Fletch79
Grafter

Hmmm ... getting bored of this now!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Fletch79
I've just flagged up your fault ticket to one of the faults team managers to see if we can get that picked up today for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Fletch79
Grafter

I've had a reply from my ticket last night asking the supplier to change me to interleaved ... What's happened to need this change.
What difference do they expect this to make?
This is not something I have changed recently, as far as I'm aware I've always been on fastpath