cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping the line - useless

hamilton36
Grafter

Dropping the line - useless

I tried to watch a programme on BBC iPlayer last night on my TV. First the router took ages to connect and then it was dropping the connection and re-connecting. The TV has no storage facilities so prograammes are "downloaded" and watched direct.  The router dropped the connection 3 times, so every time this happened I had to start again from the beginning.  After the connection dropped for the third time I gave up.  I downloaded nearly 300MB to see an hour's programme and I have not seen it.
Utterly useless!
Plus Net used to be a top quality, reliable service. What happened and when are you going to stop messing about?
5 REPLIES 5
cartman
Grafter

Re: Dropping the line - useless

Same here m8 Cry
Are you in any of these areas? seems bad weather has caused lots of faults
North East Scotland
Tayside & Fife
South East Scotland
Northern Ireland
North Wales
Mid Wales
Cardiff
Newport
hamilton36
Grafter

I am in Berkshire Cartman and I have had these problems before the bad weather.  It is a minor nuisace when collecting emails, but a major poblem with anything else.
Thank for the info.
Alex
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hamilton36,
I don't see many drops while you have your router on (see below)
Which router is it happening on? Are you still alternating between 2 different routers in different parts of the property? Is it a wireless or wired connection?

Jojo Smiley
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Hi hamilton36,
I don't see many drops while you have your router on (see below)
Which router is it happening on? Are you still alternating between 2 different routers in different parts of the property? Is it a wireless or wired connection?
Jojo Smiley

Well, Jojo, you need only one drop in the middle of one hour programme to have to start all over again and I had three that evening - early morning on 24th or 25th December.  I am using Belkin 54G router upstairs with the PC and Thomson ( supplied by you) downstairs. Both are connected by ethernet cables, but Wi-Fi is also on and I have my mobile connected that way.  I turn off the Belkin before I connect Thomson to the TV and all routers are turned off overnight.  When the line is dropped the Internet light goes out, then flickers and comes back on, but the programme on iPlayer is lost. I also get several "no response from mail.plus.net" every day both on the mobile and the PC.  When that happens on the PC I can see that the Internet light is off on the Belkin.  I have also had probems logging on a few days ago and I reported that at the time.
I don't know what you are doing up there, but it is not a good idea to fiddle with the system at Christmas when everone is sending and receiving messages from friends and relatives from  all over the world.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hamilton36,
It's not a case of what we're doing. Your internet shouldn't drop out. i would suggest in that case to follow the troubleshooter and raise a fault if that does not help. I'm afraid I don't see the 3 drops you refer to. Are you sure this couldn't have been caused by something internally? Christmas lights etc?
Jojo Smiley