cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dropping connection

That's not so good, I only suggested as I had the same issue as you were describing and this was the fix for me at least. Mind you whether it's relevant my Ethernet is connected to a managed switch that allows me to set the duplex and flow control for each port, and was done to match the value set on my Ethernet card.

DerbyLad
Dabbler

@Anonymous

Thank you for help.

Could I ask, what is a managed switch?  I'm not that technical so know little beyond plug n play! 

I went through 'system preferences - network - advanced - hardware' to find the screen which you showed on your earlier post to change my settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome @DerbyLad nothing ventured nothing gained, and when you said you had a Mac I thought it sounded so much like the issue I had that it might be a fix for yourself.

As to what a managed switch is then this article should give you an idea as to what they're about, but for the majority of users are overkill.

Also, the steps you took are correct as that is where I got the screen capture from and since it didn't work you can of course revert back to your previous settings, assuming you made a note of them. Smiley

DerbyLad
Dabbler

@Anoush @MatthewWheeler

Please comment on what I should do next?

Do you have any suggestions to resolve my issue?

Am I entitled to a replacement router from Plusnet?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Have you tried an alternative device, just in case it's your Mac? (Hopefully not)

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DerbyLad
Dabbler

@Anoush

Yes, I have also tried a PC running windows 10 and I had the same issue

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

If your router is less than 12 months old I'll be happy to RMA it as it does appear that it may be faulty. I'm not in the office at the moment, but I'll take a look at your account tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DerbyLad
Dabbler

@Anoush

Thank you.  I shall look forward to hearing from you

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@DerbyLad I'm unable to locate your account from your forum username. Please can you private message me your account username?

[Edit]

Thanks for your PM @DerbyLad Your router is out of warranty so I wouldn't be able to RMA it I'm afra

I'll be happy to give you a call to discuss your options. Alternatively, you can call us our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2). Open until 6pm today, and back at 8am tomorrow.