Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping Line

Beanhead
Hooked

Dropping Line

Hi there,
I've been noticing ever since I signed up to Plusnet that my broadband seems to drop wildly.
Sometimes it'll drop speed with no connection and then pick back up again.
This can happen alot in a day or sometimes none. What I don't know is if its the router, my line or external.
Could someone please confirm what sort of tests I can do my end before I need to escalate please?
I'm using the bog standard Plusnet Sagem router with everything default.
Thanks
Beans
3 REPLIES
Beanhead
Hooked

Re: Dropping Line

To add to this, here's more info;
- All connections are hard wired to the router, I get this issue whether its network connected or WIFI connected
- I'm not using a telephone, it's internet only
- The router is going straight into the BT socket, no extension or other cable
- I notice the issue when I'm downloading, it'll just drop to 0 kb/s and then start back up again.
- I also notice it in gaming when using the PS4, the alert will come up saying network connection issues
- I've just logged into the router and even though I've never turned my router off since I got it, it's only been connected (Uptime) from my router page as 28 mins
Thanks
Beanhead
Hooked

Anyone?
This is really frustrating as I log into my PC remotely and it seems intermittent that I can do so.
All connections lights flashing as if connected but the connection seems to be all over the place.
Are there no tests I can do?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 190

We're not seeing any obvious issues on our end.

Does it happen at any specific time?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team