cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped connections

Kati
Grafter

Dropped connections

This has been going on for months now. I raised a fault with Plusnet who went through some checks and then told me the problem is my router or my filter. It isn't, I have checked both by trying different kit and it makes no difference. Sometimes it is fine for days then like today it drops off more times than I care to tell. It was fine until they moved me to ADSL2 and now it is a constant headache with no resolution in sight. If this goes on much longer I will be changing my isp.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you resolve it? It's doing my head in!
18 REPLIES 18
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Dropped connections

Hi Kati,
I am really sorry that you're having problems with your connection dropping out. I'll take a quick look at your connection now for you Smiley

EDIT:
I've popped Ticket: 60743023 on your account with further information.
Kati
Grafter

Thank you - I would appreciate that.
Kati
Grafter

Well it just dropped again while I was on this forum. That makes over 10 times today alone. I am fed up having to log in to the Netgear website to reboot the router as it does not reconnect automatically.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, that might have been me whilst I was testing your line.  Embarrassed
Kati
Grafter

Thanks again Chris - I fear though that it will be as before, they will say nothing wrong at their end and the problem is with my equipment which I know it is not. It is too much of a coincidence that having had over 18 months of reliable connections as soon as they changed to ADSL2 the problems started.... I will try and be optimistic.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's no problem. I personally don't think it is your equipment either to be honest, but it is always worth checking just in case. I'm going to be in the office until 9pm, would you like a quick phone call so we can get something sorted out?
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Hi Kati
I sympathise....  I appear to be having the same issues...  Up till 3 or 4 weeks ago, my connection was the same, and BTO couldnt find anything wrong, and it never played up when they were around either. All of a sudden things stabalised, and after also fitting a new XTE5 faceplate, had no resyncs for weeks up until yesterday when it all started again..
Hope you get things sorted...
Kati
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Sorry I didn't see your e mail until well after 9 pm so couldn't take up your offer of a phone call. Thanks for the offer though. Also glad to hear someone say they don't think it is my equipment either! As you said, it is always worth checking but Plusnet seem fixated on the idea that the fault is at my end and are very quick to say they will charge me £60 to send someone out. Then they offered me a new router for free if i commit to a further 12 months with them. I pointed out that for £60 I could get a free router and a years broadband connection with another provider with the deals on offer at the moment so I would prefer to keep my options open...
Kati
Grafter

Hi Penfold,
Thanks for your support! I hope you get yours sorted too. It is so frustrating. Will post any useful info on here that comes out of this with Chris's help in the hope that it helps solve your problem too.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kati,
No problem, I'll give you a call tomorrow afternoon when I'm back in the office again Smiley
Kati
Grafter

Hi Chris, Thanks for your call this evening. Logged onto the community page but cannot see the chart you posted - where do I look for it? Cannot see an attachment to your post.
Thanks!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kati,
That's not a problem at all Smiley
You should be able to find the ticket that I raised to you last night here: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions (You will be required to log into your account).
Kati
Grafter

Thanks Chris! The chart is very pretty; the rest of the info is greek to me!  Cheesy
Will wait until I speak to you on 16th and have an appointment booked for an engineer.
Best
Kati
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kati,
I know, very colourful right?!
No problems at all, as we agreed, I'll give you a call on the evening of 16/10/2012 and we will get you sorted out.
All the best Smiley