Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop offs

puddy
Grafter

Re: Drop offs

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Damian,
The £144 charge applies when the fault is caused by your hardware or internal wiring.  You wouldn't be charged when the fault exists inbetween the exchange and your master socket.

The charge is £99+ VAT and they will charge you if no fault found with BT network too i.e a wasted call.  But you can like me dispute the bill when it comes in.  I got charged because my sync rate dropped but did not have to pay in the end because interleaving was turned on without my permission or request even plunet did not spot that in 3 weeks
puddy
account =jillweekes
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

The PUG has a post which states:
Article posted on Tuesday, 03-Apr-2007 20:19 PM
The PlusNet UserGroup have been informed today that BT have increased the charge for engineer visits when the cause is faulty End User Equipment from £50+Vat (£58.75) to a whopping £144+VAT (£169.20). By End User Equipment, BT means everything from the master socket including extension wiring and routers/modems (commonly known as CPE in BT terminology). These new charges came into effect on 1st April 07 for ADSL lines and will come into effect on 1st June 07 for SDSL lines.
So this is a bit confusing, or are there different charges for different things?  Crazy
punkindonuts
Dabbler

hi i had the exact same problem with the Netgear DG834G Router and dropping the connection around midnight, and after abit of searching around i found out that it was actually a problem with the latest firmware version for that model, i rolled back and am currently using V3.01.25 and the problem went away.  hope this helps
James
Grafter

SFI engineer charge is definitely £144+VAT.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Thanks "punkindonuts" was sure that I had read this about the netgear, but could not remember for sure which router it affected,
Chilly
damianfoster

Well, PlusNet finally arranged for BT to come and check everything over.  The engineer was impressed with the quality of extension wiring to the router, and said that that wouldn't cause this to happen.  He couldn't find any other issues around the house.
He went off to the exchange, did something and I no longer get drop-offs around midnight - it is now at around 730am  Angry  He pbviously found something at the exchange, but has not solved the problem completely.
The good news is that my speed seems to have leveled out at around 2.3mbps, give or take 0.2mbps.